The Bandon South Jetty is located in Southern Oregon. This was one of the last places we stopped on our way to the Redwood National Forrest in California.
Heceta Head Lighthouse and Beach
On our way there, we stopped at the Lighthouse and Sealion Beach Vantage Point and got beautiful pictures of the Heceta Head Lighthouse, Cape Cove, and Heceta Beach. If you only have time to stop and see it like we did – then for sure STOP AT THIS POINT! It is beautiful! There is plenty of parking for big RV’s/Trailers too!
McCullough Memorial Bridge
We also passed over the McCullough Memorial Bridge which is absolutely beautiful! I had to get a picture of this before we went over it because I love bridges.
Bandon South Jetty
When we first stopped, we weren’t sure if we would explore the area because of the wind, but we persevered and I am so glad we did. The jetty may be hard to navigate for small children (our almost 8 year old did great). This is because there are a lot of big rocks you have to climb on.
Coquille River Lighthouse
The Coquille River Lighthouse is also housed on the South Bandon Jetty. It really isn’t anything to get too excited about, but it was fun just the same.
Overall, we had a fun time here. If we were to do it all over again, this probably wouldn’t make the cut – but it was a great place to stop and explore just the same.
Roadtrip down Highway 101
Planning a trip? Be sure to check out our other stops on our trip from Utah into Washington and down Highway 101:
- Snoqualmie Falls Washington
- Top 5 Favorite Things to Do at the Thunderbird RV & Camping Resort
- Thunderbird RV & Camping Resort Review
- Lodgepole Campground in Washington
- Grove of the Patriarchs
- Narada Falls in Mt. Rainier National Park
- How to spend 1 day at Mt. Rainier
- Salt Creek Recreation Area
- Cape Flattery Trail Hike
- Shi Shi Beach Trail Hike
- Klahowya Campground in Port Angeles, WA
- Ruby Beach in Forks, WA
- Kalaloch Beach (Tree of Life)
- Quinault Rain Forest in Washington
- Ape Caves Washington (Lava Tubes)
- Multnomah Falls in Oregon
- Astoria Column in Oregon
- Lewis and Clark National Historic Park
- Port of Garibaldi in Oregon
- Cape Meares (Octopus Tree) Oregon
- Netarts Bay in Oregon
- Devil’s Lake State Recreation Area
- Hug Point State Recreation Site Oregon
- ORPD Whale Watching Center in Oregon
- Yaquina Head Oregon (Lighthouse and Cobble Beach)
- Cape Perpetua (Thor’s Well and Spouting Horn)
- Hobbit Trail Hike in Oregon