Taking Down 45 – My Weight Loss Journey Week 2
Well this last week was a little interesting. I got very sick at don’t want to go into the gorey details, but needless to say that any kind of diet or exercise went out the door. The nice thing is I lost about 4-5 lbs. Unfortunately I also didn’t start on any of my 15 points – so right now I am going to pick one to work on this week and DANG IT I am going to follow through!
I think the thing that is really killing me and I
know think I can really step up and put on my big girl panties with is #2! I eat way to much sugary junk and not enough things that are good for me. So my goal this week is to limit myself to 1 sugar snack a day! I can’t completely stop eating it or I know I will lapse. It is my Achilles heel so to speak. lol. BUT taking it down from several times a day to once a day will be a big deal just the same.
MY LIST OF GOALS AND CHANGES OVER THE NEXT FOUR MONTHS
15 THINGS I AM DOING (OR NOT DOING) NOW:
- Not drinking enough water
- Eating to much sugar (sugary foods)
- Eating after 7 pm
- Staying up to late
- Not eating breakfast
- Not exercising (cardio)
- Not exercising (strength)
- Not stretching
- Not eating every 3-4 hours (small meals)
- Eating out too much
- Not eating a balanced diet
- Not active enough throughout the day (sitting for extended amounts of time)
- Not taking a multi-vitamin
- Not eating an apple a day
- Not cooking at least 5 dinners a week
15 THINGS I WANT TO CHANGE:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Eat dinner at 6 pm and stop eating for the rest of the night
- Go to bed by 10:30 pm and get up by 5:30 am
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning
- Walk on treadmill for at least 45 minutes a day
- Do strength training exercises and weights
- Stretch for at least 15 minutes every morning and 10 minutes after working out
- Eat every 4 hours
- Limit eating out to 2 times a month
- Make sure I am eating balanced meals and snacks
- Get up for at least 10 minutes every 90 minutes and do light exercise or house cleaning
- Take vitamins and supplements daily
- Eat at least 1 apple a day
- Plan a menu and cook meals every day – enlisting kids for help
I am going to pick one thing each week, not necessarily in the order listed above, and work on it. If I struggle with something for the week, I may choose to extend it to another week so I can do better.
My goal right now is to lose 10 lbs by 2/23/14 – that gives me about 5 weeks – I should easily be able to do this.
I CAN DO THIS!
If you have any tips that have helped you or if you want to join me then let me know by leaving a comment below. You are even welcome to list out your goals!