Its not just the new year that has motivated me to make some goals and changes. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but Santa has been keeping his workshop full of toys in front of my treadmill. Now that Christmas is over and my room is finally free of all elves, I want to really start dedicating myself to getting back into shape and into my favorite pants 😉
I am currently at about 225 lbs – and I have a goal to lose 45 lbs (to start with). I figure that healthy weight loss is about
3-5 lbs a week 1-2 lbs a week, so that will put me at about 15 weeks (or 4 months) or less if I can do better, but it may take more too. Things don’t always go as planned, but this isn’t my first time losing “baby weight” and I know what and what not to do (I just haven’t been doing it). If you feel motivated to lose weight or want to lead a healthier life style, I would love for you to join me in my journey, and we can work together, encourage each other and share tips and tricks about what helps and what doesn’t.
I am going to make a list of the things I am doing now, and the things I want to do that will replace those. I am going to work through 1 item each week in hopes that this will also help me on my weight loss journey.
15 THINGS I AM DOING (OR NOT DOING) NOW:
- Not drinking enough water
- Eating to much sugar (sugary foods)
- Eating after 7 pm
- Staying up to late
- Not eating breakfast
- Not exercising (cardio)
- Not exercising (strength)
- Not stretching
- Not eating every 3-4 hours (small meals)
- Eating out too much
- Not eating a balanced diet
- Not active enough throughout the day (sitting for extended amounts of time)
- Not taking a multi-vitamin
- Not eating an apple a day
- Not cooking at least 5 dinners a week
15 THINGS I WANT TO CHANGE:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Eat dinner at 6 pm and stop eating for the rest of the night
- Go to bed by 10:30 pm and get up by 5:30 am
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning
- Walk on treadmill for at least 45 minutes a day
- Do strength training exercises and weights
- Stretch for at least 15 minutes every morning and 10 minutes after working out
- Eat every 4 hours
- Limit eating out to 2 times a month
- Make sure I am eating balanced meals and snacks
- Get up for at least 10 minutes every 90 minutes and do light exercise or house cleaning
- Take vitamins and supplements daily
- Eat at least 1 apple a day
- Plan a menu and cook meals every day – enlisting kids for help
I am going to pick one thing each week, not necessarily in the order listed above, and work on it. If I struggle with something for the week, I may choose to extend it to another week so I can do better.
My goal right now is to lose 10 lbs by 2/23/14 – that gives me about 5 weeks – I should easily be able to do this.
If you have any tips that have helped you or if you want to join me then let me know by leaving a comment below. You are even welcome to list out your goals!