This post is brought to you by Crunchmaster. All opinions are my own. One of my goals this year was to start eating better, a new beginning, where I am taking better of myself so I can do more and be more for my family. It is been a long journey, and it hasn’t been 100%, but I feel like I have improved not only my habits but those of my family as well. I have learned and shared with you Ways to snack healthier on vacation, Healthy snacks for on-the-go moms, 5 changes you can make now for a better life as well as another delicious recipe, Avocado and Feta Cracker Dip. Along with sharing here, I have been enjoying sharing this with my family and friends, especially when we have get-togethers.
Whether it is a get together with a lot of people, or just having a family night where we watch movies or play games, I like to have something fun to eat – preferably that is not sugary or sweet. Today we made this delicious mini fajita’s served on crackers recipe and they turned out fab! They are easy to put together (took about 30 min from start to end) and you can make a few or a lot all at once.
To make these mini chicken fajitas, you will need the following:
- 1 large chicken breast, cut in a butterfly cut
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning
- sour cream
- 1 bag of Crunchmaster Crackers Sea Salt flavor
- 1 package of pre-sliced pepper jack cheese
To put them together:
- First, take the butterflied chicken breast and use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken, then cut the chicken into squares, about 2″ each
- Take each piece of chicken and coat both sides with the fajita seasoning, then put it into a pan that is lightly coated with oil and on medium heat
- Cook evenly on both sides until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
- While the chicken is cooking, you will get the vegetables cut. Take the green and red peppers and slice them into strips, and then cut in half so they are about 3-4″ long
- Slice the mushrooms into strips
- Cut the onion in half and then in half again. You will then cut the wedge in half (making about 1-2″ triangles)
- When the chicken is done, set aside for a few minutes while we sauté the vegetables. Put the green and red peppers into the pan with the mushrooms and onions and lightly coat in oil and sauté over medium heat until tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, you can cut the cheese into squares, and slice the avocado. Also, lay the crackers out so you can start assembling them.
- When the vegetables are done move them to one side of the pan, then add the chicken back to the pan on the other side. Turn the heat off and let’s start assembling the fajitas.
- Take a slice of cheese and put it on the cracker.
- Next you will add a piece of chicken
- Now you will take a toothpick and stack a green pepper, red pepper, onion and a mushroom (in any order you choose) and then push the end of the toothpick into the chicken on the cracker.
- You can top with sour cream and an avocado before serving
Now you have everything cooked, you will put the Crunchmaster Crackers out on the serving board. These crackers are my favorite to use because of the rich flavorful taste and whole grain goodness. These crackers are good for me because they are gluten-free and made with a blend of whole grain brown rice, corn, oat fiber and a 4-seed blend. Because they oven bake their crackers, they end up with 65% less fat than fried multi-grain tortilla chips.
Don’t these look delicious? Little things like this, where I can eat a few of them, and have a healthy snack or appetizer, have made my healthy eating journey easier. Because the Crunchmaster Crackers are packed with so much goodness, it makes this an even better dish to serve. What are your favorite fajita toppings?