My daughter is loving all things Unicorn, we have made fun printable Unicorn valentines and shared some great Unicorn birthday party ideas. Today I am excited to share this fun and cute Unicorn Valentine’s Box for your kids to make to take to school on Valentine’s day. It is easy to make and my daughter still keeps hers in her room to play with.
To make your Unicorn Valentine’s box you will need:
- cardboard box (size of your choosing)
- colored paper
- unicorn horn (or make your own)
To make your Unicorn Valentine’s Box follow these simple steps:
- Take the cardboard box and tape it all together good
- Take a sharp knife (be careful) and cut an H shape in the middle of the top center of the box. This will give it flaps. (see picture above)
- Cover the box in the paper of the desired color and tape it down.
- Cut little slits in the top where the headband can go through. I used THIS UNICORN HEADBAND for our box.
- Draw the eyes and decorate them with gems
- Add stickers and the name
- You can also glue flowers, ribbons, etc on the box
This was a lot of fun to make with our daughter; she loved her box for Valentine’s Day last year. Valentine’s boxes can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make them. It is fun to let the kids help because then they feel more invested in them and they feel like it is their own. My daughter did all the stickers for her. She also helped plan everything out and “directed” us the whole time.
Other Valentine’s posts I think you will like:
Valentine’s day math hidden picture (math mosaic)
Minecraft Turtle Valentine’s Box
Free printable Valentine’s Roll-A-Story