I love being in the kitchen cooking and creating – but it gets really frustrating when you want to make something and your cutting board it either dirty or ragged and you don’t have a nice clean surface to make that yummy recipe. Until recently we only bought the plastic cutting boards (yeah the cheap ones from Walmart). I was always grumbling about them because they would be great for a little while, then they would get stuff stuck to them the would be so hard to get off (like fibers, food in the cuts, etc). I also hated how fast they ended up looking like Edward Scissorhands had a temper tantrum and cut them all up. I decided to give Bamboo a try because I was reading good things about them and how well the lasted – and I haven’t looked back since. Surpahs products are amazing!
I have been using (and loving) the
- SURPAHS Ultra-Thin Tempered Glass Digital Kitchen Scale
- SURPAHS Bamboo Cooking Utensil Set with Holder
- Surpahs 3-Layer Overlapping Joins Bamboo Cutting Board set and
- Surpahs Arc Juice Groove 3-Layer Overlapping Joins Bamboo Cutting Board.
love the cutting boards. They have been such a nice change form the plastic ones, and I know that I will never use anything else again. They wash easier, they barely show the cut lines (if at all), and they are overall just easier to use.
The cooking utensils are just as nice. My plastic ones peel and flake leaving pieces in my food and they melt on the hot pans, where the bamboo cooking utensils are exactly opposite. They are smooth, and they don’t flake or peel. They haven’t even discolored when left in liquid or food for extended periods of time. I love that they also don’t scratch up my pans and cookware.
One of the very first things I used my Surpahs Cutting board for was to make Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts and Coconut Crusted Chicken. I am excited to share with you the Strawberry Cheesecake Tarts Recipe here today as well. We love Strawberries and I am so excited that they are coming back into season again!
This recipe is super easy and fun to make and is great to do earlier in the day so you don’t have to worry about it while your main dish is cooking.
- 1 package of Cream Cheese - softened
- 1 lb of strawberries
- Pastry Dough (homemade or packaged)
- White Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Whipping Cream
- 1. For the crust, I used pre-made pastry dough and cut it into star shapes. I put them into a cupcake pan (straight into the bottom with no liner) and baked them for the recommended time, checking occasionally.
- 2. While the crust was cooking, I took the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mixed them together in a mixer. When the mixture was stiff, I added 1 cup of whipping cream and then 1/4 cup of white sugar. You can also dice up strawberries and add them into this mixture.
- 3. One the crusts are done, remove them from the pan and put onto a plate or sheet for serving.
- 4. Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into each tart, and then add a few strawberries. I also like to sprinkle a little sugar over the top.
- 5. These taste best when chilled for several hours (or overnight).
You can learn more about Surpahs amazing kitchen items on their site:
We received products in order to do the review. This did not affect our opinions and they are 100% our own. We only recommend products or services that we believe will be beneficial to our readers.