We just shared our review of theK’NEX STEM Explorations – Infinite Journey Roller Coaster and now I am excited to share the Stem Explorations- Rollercoaster Building Set. Both sets are a lot of fun, but my kids were really excited about the motor on this one! It also allows you to build 3 different designs. There is the roller coaster and then two different slide style designs. We went ahead and built the roller coaster, but my kids can’t wait to try building the other two. They take some time to put together, but my kids love the challenge and they are really fun to play with when they are built!
- 500+ parts plus a battery-powered motor to build a real, working replica of a roller coaster and 2 additional models
- Includes 3 after-build experiments that teach your child about STEM concepts like speed, time, distance, interpreting data and more
- Accommodates 1-2 students, working as a team – a perfect solution for home-school families
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step building instructions included
- Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- K’NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects.
- All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- K’NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work.
Your child can explore STEM concepts while building a working roller coaster with K’NEX Education STEM Explorations Roller Coaster Building Set! The set will engage and energize middle-school children as they boost their understanding of the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) concepts associated with a real-life amusement park ride. This K’NEX Education Set includes over 500 parts, plus a battery-powered motor, allowing a single child or a team of two to three children to build a working roller coaster. Two additional models are also included in this set – a ramp and a half-pipe -which can be built one at a time. The set requires two AA batteries, which are not included. K’NEX Education models offer proactive opportunities for children to develop scientific inquiry, investigation, and experimentation skills. Our inquiry-based lessons challenge aspiring students as they build, investigate, problem-solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action. All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and other models, and through the lesson plans and experiments, to gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work. Broaden your kids’ STEAMagination with K’NEX Education STEM Explorations.
This set will be perfect for Christmas and be not only fun but also educational!
You can learn more about K’NEX at:
WEBSITE | http://www.knex.com
FACBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/KNEX
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/KNEX
We received this set in order to do this review. This did not affect our opinions and they are 100% our own.