Kristian Regale sparkling beverages are not only perfect for drinking but we also like to use them when we are cooking. I used the Lingon Berry-Apple flavor to make this Apple Glazed Pork Roast recipe.
This recipe is easy to throw together, and the final result is a delicious gourmet meal that you can serve with a salad and rolls (if you have time to thaw and cook them, Rhodes are our favorite with this).
Apple Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 apples cut into wedges (this will help)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- White Sugar
- 1/2 bottle of Kristian Regale sparkling beverage (we used the Lingon Berry-Apple and the Pomegranate-Apple)
- Carrots (baby carrots or full-size carrots cut into 1/2″ slices)
- Sweet Onion, chopped
- Green Onions (one bundle)
- Place uncooked chicken into the slow cooker
- Cover with Kristian Regale juice (as you can see in picture above)
- Add carrots, sweet onion and chopped green onions
- Add apple slices (1-2 apples depending on how much you want)
- Mix contents around a little to make sure everything is covered with the juice and that the carrots are not on top of the meat but on the sides.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon over the top of everything
- Cover and let cook for 2-3 hours then turn pork roast and stir again
- Cook for an additional 3-5 hours or until meat falls apart easily
There is so much flavor in this recipe. The apple glazed chicken tastes so much better with the infused flavors from the sparkling cider.
This is just one of several slow cooker recipes that we have shared. We also have many other things like dessert ideas, main dishes, and much more! Check them all out and be on the lookout on Monday’s for our “What’s On the Menu” series where we give you a weeks worth of meal ideas.