This post is sponsored by @JimmyDean. The opinions and text are all mine.
With the holidays coming up, I still want to be able to share delicious homemade meals with my family, even though it gets crazy and busy. That is why we love having a few packages of the Jimmy Dean® Regular Pork Sausage rolls on hand. We pick it up at Walmart when we are doing grocery shopping and you can find it in the refrigerated section. It is so versatile, and we can use it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We made a delicious Sausage Bombs recipe for dinner a few nights ago and I want to share it with you today. It is easy to put together and tastes amazing. You can even use the leftovers (if you have any) for biscuits and gravy the next morning.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 roll of Jimmy Dean® Regular Pork Sausage
- 1 pie crust
- 1 can of croissants
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Mariana sauce for dipping
To make the Sausage Bombs:
- Get the sausage cooking by putting it in a medium frying pan on medium heat, stirring about every minute or so.
- Turn the oven on to 375 to preheat
- While the sausage is cooking, you are going to get the dough ready. Roll it out on a floured or non-stick surface and you can use a cookie cutter like we did or just use a knife or pizza cutter to divide it into about 12 pieces.
- Once you have your pieces, you will put them into the cups of a min-cupcake pan. Make sure you spray it with cooking spray first. (see the picture below for how to place them)
- For the croissants, you will just make the 8 of them that are in the package and bake them on a cookie sheet.
- Once you have the dough ready, you are going to mix the filling.
- Take the ricotta cheese, shredded parmesan, Italian seasoning and 2/3 of the COOKED sausage and mix together.
- Scoop spoonfulls of the mixture into the pie dough and the croissants.
- Wrap the pie dough around the top and try to seal them and roll the croissants, sealing all of the edges.
- Once they are put together, sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan and then sprinkle the rest of the sausage over the top.
- For the pie dough – Bake at 375 degrees F for about 16-20 minutes (or until dough is cooked through).
- For the croissants – Bake at 350 degrees F for about 13-15 minutes or until done.
When they are done, let cool slightly and then serve with marinara sauce. These are delicious and work great as an appetizer or main dish. Pair with fresh steamed veggies and a drink. See below for the printable recipe and more information on how you can save $1 on two Jimmy Dean® Regular Pork Sausage rolls at Walmart!
We used Jimmy Dean® Regular Pork Sausage that we got in the refrigerator section at Walmart. I am also excited to share that there is a great Ibotta offer for $1 back when you buy two rolls. Because it is the freshest and best sausage you can buy, you aren’t sacrificing quality or taste. Get all the ingredients you need to make these delicious Sausage Bombs and let me know what you think!
What is your favorite meal to make with Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage?