Pictures are extremely important to my family. If you take pictures at all, you understand my feelings. My pictures are like my journal. It helps me remember each day and I love sharing that with my kids. We often sit down together and go through our pictures and relive our memories. It is a fun way to spend time together and remember all of the fun things we have done. Having a portable hard drive like the Seagate Duet also allows me to back up my data/pictures any time I need, and the online storage from Amazon, allows me to access them anytime I need!
I take a lot of pictures on my phone, but I also have a Canon T3i DSLR that I take a lot of pictures and videos with. Both of these I backup on my computer, emptying memory cards regularly so I can have room to take more. Unfortunately, this also bogs down my computer, so I have to move them to another place to store them. I recently got a Seagate Duet external portable hard drive. I love this drive because it is so easy to use, but I also love it because it comes with cloud storage through Amazon!
I also want to share 5 tips for digital picture storage, so that you can store your digital pictures without worry and enjoy photography taking as much as I do 🙂
- Unload your memory cards regularly to your computer, organizing the pictures in folders by the months they were taken. Go through your pictures and delete any blurry or duplicate photos.
- Separate the photos into sub-folders like work, or travel (name the folder for the place you visited – like Yellowstone) to make it easier to find pictures when you search for them.
- Optionally you can burn the photos to a DVD disc to have a hard copy backup of them.
- Use a photo service to get any pictures printed that you want to keep on hand (or get a photo book made).
- Transfer the photos to an external hard drive to keep them safe and free up space on your computer. This is a great way to store them and it makes it easy to look at them on a regular basis.
Storing your digital pictures seams easy, but you want to make sure you have a couple of ways to access them, especially on the go. That is why I love the cloud storage. We can bring up the pictures up when we visit family and friends and show them too.
Because two is better than one, let’s give you both. Get dual backup and access to your digital life with Seagate Duet. A portable drive that syncs with Amazon Drive, you can back up, access, share and manage your files from your laptop, tablet and smartphone.
Learn more about the Seagate Duet on:
WEBSITE | http://www.seagate.com
FACEBOOK | http://www.facebook.com/seagate
TWITTER | http://twitter.com/SEAGATE