We have been waiting months for the premiere of the new PBS Kids show Pinkalicious & Peterrific! It is premiering today, February 19, 2018, and we couldn’t be more excited. We got a fun box in te mail full of Pinkalicious and Peteriffic stuff, and it inspired us to have some fun! To get ready, we have been having a lot of fun doing things like making pink cupcakes, pink smoothies, painting our nails pink, crafts, activities and more! We wanted to share all of it with you so you can plan your own Pinkalicious & Peterrific Party or have a fun day with your kids watching the new show.
Pinkalicious Party Ideas:
- Pinkalicious Cupcakes – we make pink cupcakes and frosted them with pink frosting, then use pink sprinkles and other treats to decorate them. We also printed out the adorable Pinkalicious cupcake toppers and added them!
- Pinkalicious Smoothies – add strawberries, ice, yogurt, juice and a little milk together and blend for a delicious pink smoothie.
- Unicorn Craft – use a headband and add ribbons and ears (made from felt) then add a horn made from heavy paper. You can also use a ring and make it wall decoration. Tutorial for this coming soon
- Pinkalicious Wand Craft – Take a wooden star (we got ours at hobby lobby), a wood dowel and some pink ribbon. We painted the dowel pink and cut it into about 18″ each then used hot glue to attach the ribbon and dowel to the star. Easy and REALLY cute! My girls love these.
- Coloring books, story books, printables, kazoos, maracas, and other fun things add to the fun! Get some pink nail polish and paint your nails pink, then add some pink glitter for fun!
About Pinkalicious & Peterrific:
PBS KIDS is premiering PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC, a new animated series that will encourage children to explore the arts and spark creativity. Produced by WGBH Boston and based on the best-selling HarperCollins Pinkalicious book series by Victoria Kann, this new multiplatform media property will be available nationwide on PBS stations, the new 24/7 PBS KIDS channel and PBS KIDS digital platforms.
Designed for children ages 3-5, PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC encourages kids to engage in the creative arts and self-expression, covering areas such as music, dance and visual arts.
PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC follows the adventures of Pinkalicious and her brother Peter. Pinkalicious imagines creative possibilities everywhere she looks. She is an artist at heart—and, like most creative people, she sees the world differently from others. She knows what she likes, and she’s not afraid to express herself—though she sometimes needs help from her brother, Peter, and her neighborhood friends.
“PBS stations are a go-to destination for the arts in their communities across the country; we often hear from artists that their first exposure to the arts came from PBS programming,” said Linda Simensky, Vice President, Children’s Programming, PBS.
“We are thrilled to build on our commitment to the arts with a PBS KIDS series entirely dedicated to the arts and creativity. ThroughPINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC, we hope to encourage children across America to follow their passions and express themselves creatively, while building important skills and having fun.”
PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC is designed to help preschool-age children explore the arts and creativity. “Research shows that participating in the arts strengthens children’s cognitive and emotional skills, and leads to higher academic performance,” said series Executive Producer Dorothea Gillim.
“Kids will simply connect with the great characters Pinkalicious and Peter, and their friends Jasmine, Rafael and Lila; the entertaining and quirky stories; and the visually stunning animation.”
I hope these get you as excited as we are to watch Pinkalicious & Peterrific on PBS Kids. Let us know what fun ideas you have about the show!!!
The PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC television series is part of a multiplatform media experience that will also include digital content for kids, parents and teachers, debuting in early 2018.PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC will offer a variety of games at pbskids.org and on the PBS KIDS Games App, as well as clips and full episodes across PBS KIDS’ streaming video platforms, including the PBS KIDS Video App.
A PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC app will also launch in 2018. Parent resources will be available on the PBS KIDS for Parents site, and PBS LearningMedia will offer classroom-ready materials for teachers, including video excerpts, games, tips and printable activities.
Each episode of PINKALICIOUS & PETERRIFIC will include two 11-minute stories as well as a live-action interstitial and an original song. The series is currently in production at WGBH and its animation partner, Sixteen South, for 38 half-hour episodes and one hour-long special, which will roll out on PBS KIDS beginning in 2018.