When your child is sick, there is nothing you won’t do to help them get better. We think of all the obvious things like Doctors, medications, etc. But we often forget the things that impact them daily like bedding, window treatments, and flooring. My daughter was diagnosed with asthma and severe grass allergies last spring. This meant a lot of changes for our family and our home. We changed bedding, got new flooring, and even started her on immunotherapy shots all to help with her health concerns. In all of that I didn’t even think about the shades that were in her windows.
In a recent article on by Hunter Douglas, they shared tips on decorating and maintaining a home with your family’s health and well-being in mind. It really got me thinking about how her old blinds could be affecting her health. I wrote to Hunter Douglas asking what they would recommended and they walked me through the process of what would be the best option for her and her circumstances. She now has the Hunter Douglas Honeycomb blinds in her windows and I can tell you that I literally see a difference in her.
We have the Hunter Douglas Applause Honeycomb Shades with the simple lift in the venue fabric in Brownstone. Now I am going to explain to you why each of those are important.
- Applause Honeycomb – “The only honeycomb shades with energy-efficient, triple-cell construction.”
- I am well aware that most of home’s heating and cooling goes through the windows. It takes a lot to really cool or heat our house. We need new windows but they are just not in the budget for us so getting good shades like the Hunter Douglas Applause Honeycomb that has the unique cellular shade that traps air in distinct pockets to help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter is a win for us. They work so well. Her bedroom gets a lot of morning sun – but it is the coolest room in the house because the shades keep the cold air in and the hot air out. They not only look beautiful but they are functional
- Simple Lift – “The contoured bottom rail makes raising and lowering simple, with no handle required.”
- I love how easy it is to lift and lower the blinds. The simple lift system makes it very easy for my kids to life the blinds and there are no cords to distract from how beautiful is looks or to be a hazard to them.
- Venue Fabric – “Venue™ fabrics feature Microshield which resists the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria that can cause odors.”
- I am sure it’s something most people don’t think about, but it’s really gross to try and visualize what is growing on your blinds. I have great ambitions to keep my house clean, but the blinds fall to the bottom unfortunately. I love that the Venue Fabric is The first cellular fabric in the market to offer this protection. Such a great feature!
Hunter Douglas shades come in all different styles, colors, and fabrics. They offer everything from Roman Shades to Shutters. You can view the full collection of Hunter Douglas Products here.
Overall we are very happy with the new blinds and the difference they have made in our daughter’s room. Not just for her health but also for our home. Its a great win-win. There are many reasons to redo the shades and blinds in your home, but Hunter Douglas can bring your dreams into reality.
You can find out more about these Hunter Douglas Applause Honeycomb Shades and all of the other many styles on:
WEBSITE | http://www.hunterdouglas.com
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/HunterDouglas
PINTEREST | http://www.pinterest.com/hunterdouglaswf
We received these shades in order to do this review. Hunter Douglas did not approve this or tell me what to say. All opinions are 100% my own. We only recommend products or services that we believe will be beneficial to our readers.