Halloween Bat Handprint Craft for Kids
My kids love crafts and we all love Halloween so we wanted to make some decorations to hang around our house. We decided on Bats, Ghosts, Pumpkins, and Mummies. I am not really big on the “gory” side of Halloween but I think its fun to try and decorate a bit.
First take a piece of black cardstock for each bat you want to make.
On the black cardstock use a pencil to trace your child’s hands (make sure their fingers are spread a little) and cut them out.
Lay the cut out hands down on the other half of black cardstock and draw half circle lines on the top and bottom so you have an idea of how big a circle to make.
Cut out the circle for the body
Glue the hands to the body
Cut out triangles for the ears or use black pipe cleaner. I actually poked hold in the body and put the pipe cleaner through it and then folded the end on the backside UP so that it wouldn’t slip out.
Use can draw the eyes, cut them out and glue them on, or use googly eyes.
Once the bat is all put together, I put a piece of packing tape over the back to hold it all together.
Be sure to check out these other fun Halloween Crafts, DIY, Recipes and more:
- 25 Halloween Recipes and Treats
- 25 DIY Fall Decorations and Crafts
- Halloween Crafts for Kids – Monster, Ghost, and Pumpkin Jars
- FREE Disney Pumpkin Printable Carving Ideas
- DIY: 10 Halloween Advent Calendar Ideas
- FREE Pumpkin Carving Patterns!
- Download Betty Crocker Pumpkin Carving Patterns FREE!