This review was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management, Febreze and Swiffer was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Clean. It is something that I am always trying to do (or accomplish), but with four kids and two pets, it isn’t always easy. I always love Spring Cleaning and getting rid of all of the dust and junk we collected over the winter, and Fall Cleaning is just as fulfilling. While the kids are at school I love going through the house and checking things off my list as I do them. Having a clean house always puts me in a better mood, so I like to clean and the kids understand that they need to be clean too. I don’t like to spend unneeded time doing my cleaning though, and that is why I love products like Swiffer and Febreze. They help me get everything done better and faster. Having clean floors, being able to “refresh” my fabrics, and eliminating odors from the air all are just few things that make a really big difference in the appearance of the house.
I want you to enjoy fall cleaning like I do, so I have made a fun Fall Cleaning Checklist that will make it easy for you to get everything done and help you feel refreshed and dust free 😉 Here are my suggestions for your Fall Cleaning:
Inside Your House
- De-clutter your shelves, bookcases, cabinets, etc of knickknacks, toys, and other things that you don’t need or want anymore.
- Take all of your drapes and curtains down to be washed (check label for instructions), or vacuum them if they can’t be washed
- Clean the blinds (on both sides) before rehanging drapes or curtains
- Wash all the windows inside and out
- Clean the window seals
- Clean the walls and ceilings
- Dust all your furniture, frames, fans, light fixtures, etc.
- Wipe down kitchen cupboards
- Wipe down kitchen appliances
- Vacumm the carpets and rent or borrow a carpet cleaner if needed
- Dust computer. Buy a air can (especially made for electronics) and spray the air to clean the dust from the fans and openings.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries if needed
- Replace the furnace filter
- Mop your floors, getting the edges, under appliances, and baseboards with Swiffer
- Clean your hard wood floors (can use the new Swiffer wood formula)
- Replace light bulbs with LED lights that save money are last longer
- Check all your outlets to make sure nothing is too hot (or plugged in unnecessarily)
- Scrub your kitchen and bathroom counters, getting all the cracks and edges (under appliances, etc)
- Clean out closets and donate or sell unneeded items
- Refresh your fabrics with Febreze
Outside Your House
- Check weather stripping and caulking around doors and windows and repair or replace if needed
- Check and clean the gutters and downspouts all around your house
- Clean the patio furniture and grill and store them away
- Drain and store garden hoses and other garden items
- Check the exterior paint. Touch up as needed
- If you have a pool, drain it and winterize it
- Winterize your lawn mower and trimmer if they are gas powered
- Clean up all the toys around the yard and store them for the winter
- Put your trampoline away
- Pull weeds, clean up leaves, and pull dead garden items and throw them out
- Pull the plants from the porch planters and thrown them away and store the planters
I am sure there are dozens of things to add to this list, but this always gets me going and I get so much done. It is great to have a place to start and work your way towards a goal. You will start to see big changes if your house, inside and out, and if will motivate you to clean more and keep it that way.
I am excited to also be hosting a giveaway for one full size Swiffer and one full size Febreze product. This will give you a jump start and put you on the road to completing your Fall Cleaning! Open to 18 or older. Must live in the USA. Giveaway will run from 9/19/2016-9/27/2016. All entries will be verified. Winner will have 24 hours to respond to winning email. Good Luck!