I was able to attend a screening in order to write this DC League of Super Pets parents guide. All opinions are my own.
We just got to go watch the new DC League of Super Pets movie. It stars Dwayne Johnson as Krypto and Kevin Hart as Ace – the two main characters of the movie. You will also enjoy the voice talents of Kate McKinnon as Lulu, John Krasinski as Superman, Vanessa Bayer as PB, Natasha Lyonne as Merton, Diego Luna as Chip, Marc Maron as Lex Luther, Thomas Middleditch as Keith (ice guinea pig), Ben Schwartz as Mark (fire guinea pig), and Keanu Reeves as Batman.
The movie has a great storyline about learning to trust others and being part of a team. I enjoyed the banter between the animals and how great they integrated all the different aspects of the storyline. There is a lot of humor, but also some tender moments. You get to see the whole Justice League in action. Some of the twists on the characters were funny (ahem…Aquaman). My son loved the dialogue between Batman and Ace the most. Overall, just a really great family movie that everyone will love.
Check out where it is playing and get your tickets here: https://www.dcleagueofsuperpets.com
Last month we got the chance to my Krypto and Ace and it was so much fun!
DC League of Super Pets Parents Guide
DC League of Super Pets is rated PG for action, mild violence, language, and rude humor. It runs for 1h 46m.
There is one mid-credit and one end-credit scene for the DC League of Super Pets so be sure to stay to the end.
0/10 – Sex & Nudity – A dog sits on a man’s face. It shows a man and woman kissing. It shows (and talks about) two women being engaged.
3/10 – Violence & Gore – Some superhero-style fighting. Animals attacking each other, attacking humans, cartoon fighting where they should be dead but it doesn’t really hurt them, etc.
1/10 – Profanity – Three different times the turtle swears but it is beeped out – words would have been shit and two uses of hell. Use of dumb dumb and dummy. One of the characters says On my Goddess and Goddess no. The dogs also talk about “dukey” and how they smell.
0/10 – Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking – None
3/10 – Frightening & Intense Scenes – Most of it isn’t overall intense or frightening. In the beginning, a building collapses, and there is a lot of shaking. Characters are trapped. The giant guinea pig at the end is a little creepy.
Overall the movie is great for ALL ages. I think everyone will like it. There is a lot of humor and it is entertaining. I highly recommend going to see it.
DC League of Super Pets is now playing in theaters everywhere
About DC League of Super Pets:
In “DC League of Super-Pets,” Krypto the Super-Dog and Superman are inseparable best friends, sharing the same superpowers and fighting crime in Metropolis side by side. When Superman and the rest of the Justice League are kidnapped, Krypto must convince a rag-tag shelter pack—Ace the hound, PB the potbellied pig, Merton the turtle, and Chip the squirrel—to master their own newfound powers and help him rescue the Super Heroes.
Stern, a veteran writer/consultant on the “LEGO®” movies, makes his animated feature film directorial debut, directing from a screenplay he wrote with frequent collaborator John Whittington, based on characters from DC, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The film is produced by Patricia Hicks, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, and Jared Stern. The executive producers are John Requa, Glenn Ficarra, Nicholas Stoller, Allison Abbate, Chris Leahy, Sharon Taylor, and Courtenay Valenti.
Stern’s creative team includes production designer Kim Taylor (“The LEGO® Ninjago Movie”) and editors David Egan (“Game Night,” “Vacation”) and Jhoanne Reyes (“Teen Titans GO!” “Young Justice”). The music is by Steve Jablonsky (the “Transformers” films).
DC League of Super Pets Trailer
Get more updates here:
Follow DC League of Super Pets for more updates!
DC League of Super Pets is now playing in theaters everywhere
I hope this DC League of Super Pets parents guide helped you! Let us know what you thought of the movie.
To celebrate the release, Warner Bros. has put together some fun activities on behalf of the film. I wanted to share them all so you and your family can partake in the action and have fun!
- Website with Activities
- Kid Activity Book – For the younger super-heroes in training
- Happy Color – for Ages 12 +
- Happy Color is a color by number game with inspiring and breathtaking pictures to color! Happy Color and DC League of Super-Pets have partnered up and created a total of 8 coloring pages featuring different scenes from the film, taking you on an adventurous journey with your favorite super-pets. The coloring pages launched on the app on Monday July 11 and can be found in their collections section. The to this activation can also be found at: Happy Color IG |Happy Color FB | Film Site
- TikTok content – Dwayne Johnson + Kevin Hart Do the Tortilla Slap Challenge
- Hilarious content of these 2 best friends doing the TikTok trend sweeping the internet
- Edited clean version: https://warnerbros.ent.box.com/s/hqxfaonbnzqwzp3wpwbv7ql8e35h1nro
- Talent IG version – PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS BAD LANGUAGE IN THESE VERSIONS: Dwayne Johnson IG | Kevin Hart IG
- “Turn your pet into a DC Super-Pet” generator – “Turn your pet into a DC Super-Pet” generator, example here. With this activity, you can upload an image of your pet at https://www.dcleagueofsuperpets.com/petgenerator and add different stickers, accessories and effects resulting in a socially shareable output with your pet’s super-power and super-pet name.
- AR Filters -We have a fun AR filter available across IG, FB, TikTok and Snap in which you can bring the super-pets into your home. With the front-facing camera you can take a selfie with the League and with the world view you can unleash Krypto and Ace and experiment with their different superpowers, example here. You can access the AR experience on the platforms and from our site at: https://www.dcleagueofsuperpets.com/ar
- Be sure to purchase your tickets for the film in advance here: https://gettickets.dcleagueofsuperpets.com/
Other new releases we think you will like:
SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS Trailer
Interview with Jane Fonda & Peggy Holmes about LUCK movie
Interview with Eva Noblezada & Flula Borg about LUCK movie
Interview with Simon Pegg for Luck movie
Paws of Fury: The Legend Of Hank Parents Guide
Thor: Love and Thunder Parents Guide
Minions: The Rise of Gru Parents Guide
The Bad Guys movie available to own
Disney-Pixar Lightyear Parents Guide
Jurassic World: Dominion Parents Guide
Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One | Official Teaser Trailer
Avatar: The Way of Water Trailer
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Parents Guide