Welcome to our weekly kid’s activities series! Every week we will be sharing a new recipe (cupcakes, treats, etc) on Monday, a craft on Wednesday, and an activity/adventure you can go on on Friday!
This is meant to help keep you are your kiddos busy and having fun year round! We have a lot of really fun things planned so I hope you keep checking back.
To kick things off we are going to start with ANIMALS. My youngest daughters favorite animal is a cat, so we decided to make Cat Cupcakes! They turned out so cute and I really hope your kids enjoy making them as much as we did.
MAKE YOUR CAT CUPCAKES
To make your cat cupcakes you will need:
- Cupcakes (make homemade or buy)
- Frosting (again, you can make this or buy it)
- Crushed sandwich cookies (like Oreo’s)
- Black pull-apart licorice or licorice cut into small lines
- Pink sugar pearls for nose
- Purple, green or white sugar pearls for eyes
- Chocolate candy bar (like plain Hershey’s bar) cut into squares
Take your cupcake and frost it (whatever color/flavor you want). Then you will immediately dip it in the crushed cookies.
Now you will take the chocolate triangles, cut licorice, and sugar pearls and do the ears, whiskers, and nose. To help the licorice attach easier, you can dip the tip lightly in the frosting. Put this in the center (under where the nose will go). Then cover with the nose (also lightly dipped in frosting).
With your cupcakes made, it is a great time to grab a book about animals or find a cartoon or movie that you love and have some fun learning about your favorite animals. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- National Geographic Animal Encyclopedia: 2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps, and More!
- Animal: The Definitive Visual Guide, 3rd Edition
- The Animal Book: A Visual Encyclopedia of Life on Earth
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals
- National Geographic The Photo Ark: One Man’s Quest to Document the World’s Animals
- The Animal Book: A Collection of the Fastest, Fiercest, Toughest, Cleverest, Shyest―and Most Surprising―Animals on Earth
- Animals: A Visual Encyclopedia (Second Edition)
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Oliver and Company
- Beethoven Triple Feature
- A Dog’s Purpose
- That Darn Cat!
If you want to plan ahead, here is what we have on the schedule until the end of the year:
Nancy E Loring
These are just what I was looking for to make for my daughter’s party.
sandy lynn ralph
these are just adorable cupcakes
Such a cute and fun idea to make these Cat Cupcakes with the kids!