This post is brought to you by Filtrete. They did not approve or tell me what to say. All opinions are 100% my own.
Here in Utah, winters can do get very cold. We don’t always have snow, but the air is always freezing. We want to take care of our house in the winter and protect it from the elements and keep our furnace running as smooth as possible so we can have warm clean air. There are many different things you can do when it comes to winterizing your home, I wanted to share with you my essential top 5 and I would love to hear what you do as well. With the colder weather we are spending more time indoors than out, and we want to make sure that the air we are breathing from our furnace is filtered so we trust Filtrete Ultimate Allergen Healthy Living Filters. Our 7 year old has asthma, and this filter helps promote a Healthy Home by reducing Airborne dust, allergens, and Bacteria and Viruses.
5 tips for Winterizing your home
- Drain your sprinklers and wrap any pipes that have a freezing potential.
- Cover your windows with Window Insulator Kits to keep the cold air out and the warm air in.
- Caulk cracks and gaps around your doors and windows to prevent air coming in (or going out).
- Changing our air filters every 90 days so that the furnace can run more efficiently.
- Change the direction on your ceiling fans so they are pushing the warm air down.
The Filtrete™ Ultimate Allergen Reduction Filters has many added benefits:
- Attracts and captures 93% of large particles like mold spores and, dust and pollen from the air passing through the filter
- 4x better than ordinary pleated filters*
- Carries a 1900 Microparticle Performance Rating (MPR)
- Attracts and captures microscopic allergens like pet dander, smoke, household dust and microscopic particles that can carry bacteria, viruses and odors
- Almost twice the small particle filtration than our 1000 performance level filter
- Lasts up to 3 months
This post is brought to you by Filtrete. They did not approve or tell me what to say. All opinions are 100% my own. We only recommend products or services that believe will be beneficial to our readers.