The Midway Ice Castles are one of my families favorite winter activities to do in Utah each year. We were able to attend a special media night visit before it opened (all opinions expressed here are my own) and we had so much fun. The castles are beautiful, there are several slides for all ages and the fire show is spectacular. You can also meet FROZEN Princesses Anna and Elsa and get pictures.
There are now 6 locations – Midway, Utah, Dillon, Colorado, Stillwater, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Lincoln, New Hampshire, Edmonton, Alberta – and if you live close to one of them, I highly recommend getting your tickets at http://icecastles.com. They always sell out, so be sure to get them now before they are gone!
Here are some tips for when you visit the Midway Ice Castles
- Buy your tickets online so you are guaranteed entrance
- Take a sled to pull your kids around (instead of stroller)
- Warm clothes (snowsuits, gloves, hats, coats, snow boots) for kids and adults if you have them. It gets really cold, and it is a little wet on the slides. Snowsuits will keep them warm and dry
- Camera, phone and portable battery charger (for your phone)
- Extra money to get the hot chocolate and cookies or cinnamon rolls (so yummy)
- Make sure you spend time there so you can enjoy everything – I would say at least 1.5 hours
- Get your picture with Anna and Elsa from FROZEN
- Watch one of the Fire Performances
Midway Ice Castles
Learn more about hours and tickets prices for the Midway Ice Castles on http://icecastles.com/midway. You can visit up through the first weekend in February (weather permitting). They are closed Sundays. Be sure to share your photos on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook using the #IceCastles hashtag. Have fun!!!
Have any questions? Ask away and we will do our best to answer them.
We also just shared a fun post packed with 20 things to do in Salt Lake City Utah. Be sure to check it out for more places and things to do while you are out and about.