Over the past few weeks I have shared my reviews of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD and the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring and both are great rides that we loved and recommend highly, but our favorite 2016 Mazda that we got to test drive is the Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring AWD. With comfortable seating for 5, a nice roomy trunk space and lots of interior room you feel right at home as soon as you get in. The layout of the car is true to the 2016 Mazda with the 7″ full color touch screen and the Multi Function Commander Control down by the middle console. It also has a Infotainment system voice command which is nice for hands free driving – adding another safety feature to this already amazing ride. The leather seats (with heating) are very comfortable and make it that much more fun to drive. This car is something that you will find yourself driving around simply because it is fun to drive!
I love the body style and the sleek look of theMazda CX-3 Grand Touring AWD. The 16 inch aluminum-alloy wheels add that sporty look to the car and the sunroof adds a great element. The “shark fin” antenna mounted on the top looks cool and I love that it is not a traditional wire antenna. The car is packed with safety features like side-impact door beams, front and side impact-air bags, dual advanced front air bags (SRS), as well as many of additions. It also has good security features like Engine-immobilizer anti-theft system, Illuminated keyless entry w/ panic button, Tire pressure monitoring system, and Child-safety rear door locks.
Engineered with breakthrough SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, the CX-3 subcompact crossover delivers unmatched driving dynamics right alongside outstanding fuel economy. It’s the driving experience, totally redefined. Other features we loved are the:
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control that allows you to set the cruise control and then the car automatically slows down to keep a safe driving distance between you and the car in front of you. It will also automatically speed back up to your set speed.
- Smart City Brake Support helps minimize or possibly prevent frontal collisions when driving between about 2 and 18 mph by automatically applying the brakes if it determines that a collision with an obstruction ahead is unavoidable.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring that alerts me to vehicles or object in my blind spots.
- Smart Brake Support helps minimize or possibly prevent frontal collisions when driving at speeds of 10 mph or faster. The system automatically applies the brakes if it determines that a collision with an obstruction ahead is unavoidable.
- Adaptive Front-lighting System turns the headlight beams to improve visibility around corners.
- High Beam Control automatically switches from high to low beams when it detects oncoming traffic or a vehicle ahead, and then back again when it’s clear.
On the road, the weather can change in an instant. That’s why Mazda’s uniquely smart available i-ACTIV AWD™ all-wheel-drive systemis always on alert, monitoring conditions and ready to adjust power to help give you ideal traction before your wheels can slip.The i-ACTIV AWD™ helps stabilize and improve the CX-3’s overall road grip.
Check out our video review and test drive:
Learn more about Mazda on:
WEBSITE | http://www.mazdausa.com
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/Mazda
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/MazdaUSA
We were able to test drive this car for a week thanks to DriveShop. All opinions are my own.