I love my family – both my side and my husbands. We are close to all of them, but we don’t live close to them so it can be really hard – especially during the holidays. While we try to travel as much as we can, and they do the same, we still don’t get to see each other as much as we want to. This holiday season, my kids have been great to remind me (which I love) that we need to give more and do more for others. So we have been looking for ways to spread the holiday cheer, and we came up with sending “Grandparent Care Packages” to their grandmas and grandpas for Christmas. I fell in love with this idea and we have been working on it. We stopped by our local The UPS Store and got a few boxes to put things in before we went back and mailed them.
After we picked up the boxes, we headed to the store to pick up some things to put in them. We had a lot of fun picking these out, and so I wanted to share these ideas with you. Here are 15 ideas for Grandparent Care Packages for the Holidays:
- Favorite treats
- Pictures (get family pictures printed and frame them)
- Cards (especially handmade cards from the kids or yourself)
- DIY Christmas decor
- Store bought decor
- Ornament for their tree
- Baked goods
- Memory Card or Flash Drive for iPad or Android
- Tea or other favorite drinks
- Gift Cards
These are just a few ideas to get you started. You know your parents (grandparents) best so be sure to tailor or to their needs. Once we got back from the store, picking out everything we wanted to put in our boxes, we sat down and finished up the cards and got the boxes packed. It was a lot of fun putting them together. We even wrapped the gifts inside the box. With the boxes all ready to go and taped up, we headed back to The UPS store to mail our grandparent Christmas care packages.
The kids had a lot of fun helping me carry the boxes in and watching as they were weighed and labeled. We are so excited for them to get their boxes, and even more excited that we were able to spread holiday cheer even though they don’t live close to us. It is my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary this year so we made sure to include a couple of things for that in the care packges we sent.
I love using The UPS Store because they have affordable quick delivery. And the customer service is the best. If all of that wasn’t enough, they also are the exclusive sponsor of the Toys for Tots Literacy Program, an initiative helping give less fortunate children the ability to compete academically and succeed in life by providing them direct access to resources that will enhance their ability to read and communicate effectively.
Don’t let the fun end here. Check out this fun giveaway from The UPS Store:
Instagram: Guess the Gift and unexpected pack and ship
- If you follow The UPS Store Instagram page, you’ll notice a similar game where customers will see a box and get a series of clues so that they can “Guess the Gift” for a chance at a cool prize. This fun series starts on Dec. 4, and will continue for approximately three weeks. The UPS Store will have a new box every Monday and Wednesday. Follow The UPS Store Instagram page to play for a chance to win. The UPS Store will drop hints about what’s in the box for two days and will provide additional hints via Instagram stories. Followers are encouraged to guess what’s in the box based on the clues to win.
Also, The UPS Store will have a float in the Tournament of Roses Parade® on New Year’s Day. Our 2018 float promotes the Toys for Tots Literacy Program with a “Books Bring Dreams to Life” theme. Tune in on Monday, January 1, 2018 to watch the parade, which starts at 8 a.m. PST.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.