This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Being a mom
can be is a tough business. You always have to be on top of things, making sure everything is clean, everyone is fed and all of the things in between. There is no time for me to get sick or to feel out of sorts, so I have to make sure to take care of myself so I am always at the top of my game. In addition to eating well, getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night and exercising, I also take Nature Made Digestive Probiotics. The Advanced Dual Action helps my large and small intestines have digestive balance and help combat things like gas, bloating, and constipation†. When I am feeling great, I am can be more productive and get a lot more done.
In addition to eating healthy, exercising and managing my stress I have also found that using a probiotic like Nature Made Advanced Probiotics helps me stay at the top of my game. The tips I am going to share with you can help you be more productive. Let’s get started:
- Eat Healthily – eating 5-6 small meals a day and having healthy snacks will give you more energy and will keep you from munching down on a bag of chips or candy while you are working
- Exercise – walking, running, yoga…whatever your thing is, make sure you fit it in. When you exercise you will have more energy and that will help you be more productive
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day – I understand as much as the next girl how good that cold soda sounds, but I also know how much better I feel when I fill my body with water all day instead of sugary drinks.
- Take a probiotic – I love Nature Made Advanced Probiotics because they help keep my digestive health in order. When your body feels good – you feel good.
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night – When you are tired – it is hard to get motivated. You are either working at half speed, day dreaming or dozing. Get the sleep you need at night so you can be your best all day…and the means putting your phones away when you climb into bed.
- Get a planner and get organized – If your schedule is like mine (trying to manage my work and my kids and house, etc) then you will have to write everything just to remember when everything is. I have a planner that has a month, week and day so I can have an overview in month format and then write my goals, and to-do lists for the day on the week/day pages. I love it!
- Prioritize your day – When you are planning your day out, write down the most important things first and work your way through the list.
- Focus on what you are doing – It is easy to let your mind wander, thinking of other things you have to do, but if you focus on what you are doing and just write down those other projects when you think of them you can stay focused on what you are doing and get things done quicker.
- Take some “me” time – don’t feel like you have to be a work horse – wither at home or at work. If you don’t take time for yourself to relax and reset, you will burn out and will not be able to stay productive.
- Listen to music or a book on tape while you are working – this helps me stay focused and gives me something to have as background noise. I love being able to sing along to my favorite songs or listen to a favorite story while I am working since I don’t get to do this with my kids running around crazy, lol.
We recently went on a trip to Flordia for a family vacation, and I was able to have fun and relax while we were there because I was spending more time doing what I wanted and less time worrying about digestive issues. I picked up some of the Nature Made Advanced Probiotics at Kroger and started using them. It was so nice to have digestive balance and a healthy gut flora so I could focus on my kids and family and not my stomach. The clinically studied strains are 100% vegetarian, gluten & dairy free and gentle enough to use every day. And because they have 15 Billion live cultures per serving* my body is getting the good bacteria I need to both my large and my small intestines to help promote digestive balance and healthy gut flora.
What are your tips for being productive when you are a working mom?
* Formulated to provide at least 5 billion live cells per capsule (Bifidobacterium lactis SD-5674) and 10 billion live cells per capsule (Lactobacillus plantarum 299v) if continuously stored in a cool, dry place at or below 77°F (25°C) and consumed prior to expiration date. Storage and handling conditions can vary, and may affect the total amount of cells delivered at time of consumption.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.