This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media.
School started here last week, and it has been so nice to get back to a routine and schedule. We have planned ahead for things and made a list of school lunch ideas. This year I have all four of my kids in school, with three of them taking a home lunch to school every day. For my little one who is only in half day, she loves to come home and eat lunch with me. One of our favorite things to have is Green Giant Veggie Tots. They are the perfect after school (or anytime) snack packed with broccoli or cauliflower, they’re an easy and fun way to get children to eat more veggies. Get a $1 off coupon here and try them today!
For the others, I pack a home lunch in the mornings before school. Since I don’t want them to pack their bags full of cookies and chocolate pudding, I have taken over the job of “lunch lady” and pack their lunches each morning with their input and help. So far it has been going really well, and we have been able to make sure they have a variety of things to eat each day, so they don’t get sick of what they have. Here are 10 School Lunch Ideas of things you can pack in their lunch boxes:
- Real fruit juice drinks – Fruit Shoot is made with real fruit juice from concentrate, plenty of water and no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors.
- Entenmann’s® Little Bites® mini muffins – 10 varieties, zero trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup, and most varieties have less than 200 calories per pouch. With more than 10 flavors, there’s a flavor for everyone.
- individual mini applesauce cups
- fresh fruit
- Veggie Straws – Made with delicious, wholesome, non-GMO ingredients that are gluten free, and contain no artificial flavors or preservatives. Available in Classic Sea Salt and Zesty Ranch.
- Meat/Cheese Sandwich
- PB Jamwich – Offered in Grape & Strawberry varieties, PB Jamwich offers all the flavor of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the crust.
- fresh veggies
- Protein Bars – RXBARs whole food protein bars are made with clean, simple ingredients: egg whites, fruits, and nuts. Each bar is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and contains absolutely no added sugars. Right now you can use code BabbleBoxx15 to get 15% off your first order of RXBARs at https://www.rxbar.com.
- Treats like Sour Punch: Real Rainbow Straws – I like these because they now have natural colors and natural strawberry, lemon, apple and tangerine flavors with NO High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Having all of these things on hand, you can put together a variety of different lunches, only repeating items a couple days a week. We also make sure we have re-freezable mini ice packs so the kids can keep their food cold if we send something like a meat/cheese sandwich, string cheese, yogurt, etc with them. Home lunches can be fun and taste great. My kids are loving the variety of snacks and food we have to put in our boxes this year.
I would love to hear your school lunch ideas and what your kids’ favorites are.
Learn more about our favorites at:
GreenGiant.com | Facebook: @GreenGiant | Twitter: @GreenGiant | Instagram: @GreenGiant
http://www.sensibleportions.com/en/ | Facebook: @SensiblePortions
https://littlebites.com | Facebook: @LittleBitesSnacks | Twitter: @Entenmanns | Instagram: @LittleBitesSnacks
http://sourpunch.com | Facebook: @SourPunch | Twitter: @SourPunchCandy | Instagram: SourPunchCandy
https://www.rxbar.com | Facebook: @RXBAR | Twitter: @RXBAR | Instagram: @rxbar
http://www.fruitshoot.com/united-states/our-drinks | Facebook: @FruitShootUSA | Instagram: @fruitshootusa