This Turkey Pot Pie recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover turkey after your Thanksgiving dinner. It is really easy to put together with a pre-bought pie crust (feel free to make your own), some frozen or canned veggies (or leftover corn, green beans, etc) and some condensed mushroom soup. It literally took about 5 minutes to shred part of the leftover turkey and add the veggies, pour a soup mix over the top and bake.
This is perfect for a quick meal on a busy night (can also be made with rotisserie chicken). My whole family loved it. We actually didn’t have any leftovers for once. We made a pie size, and it fed my family of 6 (4 kids ages 8-15) perfectly. I would say about 8-9 servings depending on how big the servings are.
How to make your Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 cup of shredded, cooked turkey (I just chopped mine up with a knife)
- 1 – 16 oz. bag of frozen veggies (we used the Broccoli Normandy from Sam’s)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Pie crusts (I used the frozen 2-pack – then used the 2nd one as the top of the pot pie)
- Seasoning to taste
You can make these and freeze them for later. Just use disposable pie pans and then cover with tinfoil. They will stay great this way for a few days. These are also great to take to neighbors.
- Take your pie crust and put it in a pie pan if it isn’t already.
- In a bowl, mix together the shredded turkey (or chicken), vegetables, soup, and milk. Add 1/2 cup of cheese. Mix together until well blended.
- SIDENOTE: If you have leftover mashed potatoes, you can add a layer of them on the bottom of the pie crust before adding the other ingredients.
- Pour contents from the bowl into the bottom pie crust and spread evenly.
- Season to taste
- Add the other pie crust to the top (like covering an apple pie) and crimp the edges together. Using a sharp knife make 4-5 slits in the top about 2 inches each.
- Put into your oven and cook at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is a beautiful light brown color (like a cooked pie).
- Serve hot. You can serve with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side, hot rolls, and butter.
You can check out other delicious recipes that are kid-friendly here!
Pin this recipe for later