Thanksgiving To Do List – take the stress out by planning ahead
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving Day by planning ahead. This is a simple to do list that will help you get started on making one of your own. (you are welcome to even print this and modify it, add to, etc).
Spread the Thanksgiving Day tasks out over several days and you won’t feel overwhelmed. It will also ensure that you have everything that you need and you can run and get what you missed without worrying about the food burning. I have broken it up into 5 days (including Thanksgiving Day). There is a lot you can do the day before and this will make things a lot easier on Thanksgiving Day.
Four Days Before:
- Decide on final menu
- Go over shopping list and get items you don’t have yet
- Get all items ready that you will need for your table (table cloths, plates, silverware, cups, decorations, etc)
Three Days Before:
- Make sure you have the dishes and serving ware you need
- Plan games, activities, etc that you will do on Thanksgiving.
- Have crafts and other fun things for the kids to do in the morning while waiting to eat.
Two Days Before:
- Make place cards
- Do fun crafts for decorations
- Double check and make sure you have everything you need
- Put turkey in fridge to thaw
One Day Before:
- Make rolls and pies
- Make sweet potato casserole but don’t bake, just put into fridge
- Make veggie tray
- Cook bacon (for stuffing)
- Put frozen pies in fridge to thaw if needed
- Put turkey in oven
- Peel and dice potatoes
- Make stuffing
- Set rolls out to rise (if using frozen dough)
- Bake sweet potatoes
There are many things I am sure I didn’t add to this list as it is just an overview and a way to help you get started on making your own. Please leave a comment with other ideas you have about simplifying your Thanksgiving by planning a head and making a Thanksgiving t0 do list.