Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
One of my favorite things is soup on a cold winter day, and I love it even more when I can make it. This is an easy cream of broccoli soup recipe that you can throw in your crockpot and enjoy later. This is one our favorites, I hope you enjoy it too!
SLOW COOKER CREAM OF BROCCOLI AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time 4-5 Hours
Makes 8 Servings
Ingredients for roast:
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups of water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (crushed)
- 1/4 lbs of butter, melted
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 Large Chicken Breast (1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lbs of broccoli florets chopped
- 1/4 tsp of salt
– Turn slow cooker on hi and add the cream of chicken soup, water, bouillon cubes, butter, milk and cream cheese. Mix until well blended (you may have to let it heat up while you are working on the next four steps, for it to blend well)
– dice the chicken and in a small pan, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil and cook for about 5 minutes, stiring occasionally
– peel, wash and dice the onion
– wash and chunk the potatoes
– wash and chop the broccoli
– Make sure the cream mixture is blended well, then add the chicken (don’t drain), onion, potatoes, broccoli, and salt and pepper.
– Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until soup is to desired thickness. You can add a little more flour to make it thicker, if needed.
– Serve with warm rolls and butter or in Bread Bowls!
– Sprinkle with cheese if desired
If you are looking for other slow cooker recipes you can view them here. Be sure to let us know if you tried this easy Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe and what you thought! We would love your feedback.