We like to travel and we like to go places (even if it’s for the day). I also have four kids and so when I go somewhere I like to know that they are safe. Being able to have a home security systems is nice, but being able to have an in-home video surveillance is perfect for our lifestyle. There are many features that I love about this setup, but the fact that I can open the Canary app on my phone (app available in Apple or Android stores) and watch the live feed in my house, sound an alarm if needed and even call an emergency number puts my mind at ease. I can set it up to notify when there is a movement alert or completely disarm it when we are home. The Canary Home Security camera captures everything in vivid HD 1080p resolution that is great in the brightest light of day to pitch black with the infrared night vision lens that works for up to 20 feet away! It also has a 147 degree field of view which gives you minimal blind spots.
You can see how nice and sleek the system looks. It is not very big – just larger than a can of soda, and it packed with power. Some of the features that I really love are:
- Not only does it have a great video feed, but there is also audio.
- The Canary Indoor Wireless HD All-in-one Home Security System learns the cadence of your home so it can send you accurate notifications – meaning fewer false alarms triggered by pets or other regular activity in your house.
- Setup is easy and only took a few minutes. Plug it in, connect the wi-fi and your app to control it.
- I can “watch live” anytime I want and it is great when no one is home for security, or for when I am away to check on the kids for peace of mind.
- You can connect multiple systems and view different areas of your home, so it puts you in control of how to act when something goes wrong.
- Canary is the only system with a 90+ decibel siren and localized emergency call feature that you can activate and use from anywhere in the world.
- The Canary system also has a home health feature which shows me the temperature and air quality of the home so that I know it is safe and comfortable. This information can be viewed in the app.
Since the March 2015 launch, nearly 75 known burglaries, home invasions, caretaker abuse and other emergency situations have been captured by Canary, resulting in multiple arrests. This system is great and the fact that I can monitor my family and home while I am away is great.
You can see a screen shot of the video at night and how clear the picture is even in low light. Also below is what the app looks like to give you an idea of how it works.
Along with having the Canary Security System we also got the Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included. This package is new and exclusively at Best Buy. We just upgraded our internet service and needed a better router, so when then Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router came I couldn’t wait to try it out. I haven’t been disappointed. It works so much better than any other brand I have tried, and it truly has done an amazing job at eliminating all of the dead spots in our home because of the DST Adapter that came with it, allowing the wi-fi signal to be amplified to parts of the house where the signal from the Router itself isn’t strong. Having a great signal from this Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router also allows my Canary system to work seamlessly and it has been so nice not to have to worry about my home while I am away, and that my Wi-Fi works seamlessly all the time as well.
This is a brand new router that was exclusively developed between Netgear, an industry leader in the networking world, and Best Buy, to help provide consumers with an easy, all-in-one solution to support their home’s connected devices. As the number of Wi-Fi dependent products increase in a home – the average US household has 7 “connected devices” – from smart phones (often several in a home), to tablets, to laptops, to computers, and Wi-Fi printers, this puts a strain on the home’s network, especially the router. With the interest in online gaming and 4k TVs, connected devices such as smart thermostats, plus the need to stream shows from Netflix or hulu, it places even more demands on the network. Many households may experience slow Wi-Fi, dropped calls, or experience “dead zones” – which could be improved upon with an “AC” router, Wi-Fi extenders and expert help.
Here are some more features of the Netgear Router:
- The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones. This has helped a ton in our home.
- This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming. We have put it to the test and know that it can handle this! It works great.
- Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year. Setting up was easy and the help they provided let me know that it was all running smoothly.
- The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
Now that your home is secure and the Wi-Fi is running better than ever it is time to kick back and watch a show. Sling TV is a great way to enjoy popular channels and shows for only $20 a month! You can watch at home or on the go and they also have extra entertainment packages starting at only $5 a month. It works on TV and video players like Amazon FireTV and Roku, Xbox One, Smartphones, tablets, computers and more! Learn more about this great option for Sling TV on BestBuy.com With Sling TV, you don’t have to worry about equipment and set-up fees, and there’s no annual contract. Simply sign up online, download the app and start watching. There is also a $50 off compatible device offer – available with 3 months of prepaid Sling TV service; this offer is available in Best Buy stores only, and not online; the $50 discount is given in the form of a Best Buy store coupon.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free