Being a new mom is pretty overwhelming…especially when you have a littler person depending on you 24 hours a day for everything. Combine that with the no sleep, sore body, and general situation and you are probably ready to crawl into bed for a week and just sleep. Having a baby is one of the most amazing experiences of my life – I have been blessed four times over – and have four beautiful healthy children. I wouldn’t change it for anything but I wish I would have known a few things then that I know now – so I am going to share some life hacks for new moms to hopefully help someone else out that needs it.
- Sleep when your baby is sleeping for the first several weeks – you need it and whatever is on facebook can wait 😉
- Eat healthy – and eat at least 6 small meals a day, especially if you are nursing. This will keep your energy up.
- Cut the baby wipes in half – your baby has a small bum – you don’t need a full wipe 99% of the time – this will save so much money!
- Don’t buy nursing pads – you can use panty liners and cut them in half – and they work well – and even stick to the inside of your bra!
- Having a new baby changes your body – so you will want to be sure to protect from Light Bladder Leakage with Poise pads so you don’t have any accidents (I am not speaking from experience at all…..)
- Take lots of photos. Your baby will change everyday – and you will always cherish looking back on the pictures.
- Get inexpensive or second hand clothes for your child in the first year or two – they grow so fast only staying their size for a couple of months at a time – and this will save you so much money on buying new clothes. Keep your favorites and re-donate or sell the rest when they grow out of them.
- Drink lots and lots of water – especially if you are a nursing mother.
One of the things I have to deal with still is Light Bladder Leakage. It is not fun – and I don’t always have to worry – but sometimes I do – and I want to be prepared. That is why I love Poise! They make is possible for the one in three women that experience Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) to have a pad that is specifically designed for LBL keeping us fresh and confident. These little leaks are often triggered by everyday occurrences like laughing, coughing, sneezing, exercise, etc. There are many causes – not just pregnancy for LBL, like being overweight, surgery or illness, UTI’s, food allergies, etc. Manage LBL with Poise Pads. I love the new Poise Thin Shape Pads (REQUEST A FREE SAMPLE HERE) that feature Super Absorbent Material (SAM) and a Thin-Flex design for extraordinary protection that’s still 3x drier than period pads† to help you take care of leaks with confidence and let you move like you want!
I would love to hear what Life Hacks for new moms you can share.