I received a copy of this movie to review. All opinions are my own.
I just recently watched King Arthur: Legend of the Sword for the first time. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to see it in theaters and I knew it was one that I definitely wanted to see. When we got the movie in the mail, I did a happy dance because I was so excited to watch it – and I have to admit – that the movie exceeded my expectations! The storyline is a little different than any other one I had heard/watched before and this unique twist on the film made it even more interesting and gives us a lot of depth and background. I loved the cinematography and acting, combined with the special effects and you have a rock star movie! This is a movie you will want to watch again and again, so get your copy on Blu-ray, Digital, and DVD today! Charlie Hunnam does an incredible job in this movie and I have my fingers crossed that there will be a King Arthur 2!
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword – Official Trailer
Don’t miss the royal showdown when “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” arrives onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital. Acclaimed filmmaker Guy Ritchie brings his dynamic style to the epic fantasy action adventure “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.” Starring Charlie Hunnam in the title role, the film is an iconoclastic take on the classic Excalibur myth, tracing Arthur’s journey from the streets to the throne.
From Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Entertainment, “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” stars Hunnam (FX’s “Sons of Anarchy”) and Oscar® nominee Jude Law (“Cold Mountain,” “The Talented Mr. Ripley”), along with Astrid Bergès-Frisbey (“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”) as Mage; Oscar nominee Djimon Hounsou (“Blood Diamond,” “In America”) as Bedivere; Aidan Gillen (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”) as Goosefat Bill; and Eric Bana (“Star Trek”) as Arthur’s father, King Uther Pendragon.
Guy Ritchie (“The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” the “Sherlock Holmes” films) directed the film from a screenplay by Joby Harold (“Awake”) and Guy Ritchie & Lionel Wigram, story by David Dobkin (“The Judge”) and Joby Harold. The film is produced by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman (“A Beautiful Mind,” “I Am Legend”), Joby Harold, Tory Tunnell (“Awake,” “Holy Rollers”), and “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and “Sherlock Holmes” producers Steve Clark-Hall, Guy Ritchie and Lionel Wigram. David Dobkin and Bruce Berman are executive producers.
BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
“King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” 4K, 3D and 2D Blu-ray Combo Packs contain the following special features:
- Arthur with Swagger – Charlie Hunnam is a gentleman, a hunk and a rebel, setting new standards as king and new rules with the ladies.
- Sword from the Stone – Director Guy Ritchie as he breathes 21st Century life and luster into England’s most iconic legend and he creates Camelot for a new audience!
- Parry and Bleed – Charlie Hunnam and other cast members get a crash course in swordplay. Vikings versus Saxons style!
- Building on the Past – Londinium comes to life with a new design of Medieval Urban life, built from scratch.
- Inside the Cut: The Action of King Arthur – Join stunt choreographer Eunice Huthart as she teams with Director Guy Ritchie to create the mind-blowing action of King Arthur
- Camelot in 93 Days – Friendships and romances strengthen and fray as the realities of a 93 day shoot set in.
- Legend of Excalibur – The world’s most famous sword is brought to life for a new generation.
- Scenic Scotland – Wrapping a monumental production on location in glorious Scotland.
“King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
- Arthur with Swagger – Charlie Hunnam is a gentleman, a hunk and a badass, setting new standards as king and new rules with the ladies.