Homemade Magnetic Christmas Advent Calendar
It has been a while since I did something crafty that was not for kids, so I decided to have a little fun this year and make our own Homemade Magnetic Christmas Advent Calendar! I don’t really have a step by step because I got so caught up in making it and forgot to take pictures of most of it, but it was a lot of fun and I have the basic steps for you!
1) Get a square piece of sheet metal (mine was 18″ x 18″) and my paper hangs over the top about 1-2″ but that is ok with me. That is just the size I had on hand.
2) Get several pieces of scrapbook paper in Christmas colors
3) Stickers, Embellishments, hot glue gun, magnet disks, ribbon, glue dots, etc
4) Decorate your board with paper and stickers
5) Create the squares for the days and hot glue a magnet disk to the back of each one. (our #25 is the Merry Christmas one up by Santa at the top)
6) I added a homemade pocket (envelope) to the top with a bunch of stars that each have an activity and everyday we choose one and do it as a family.
This is really something that you can having with and get your kids involved. Give them each a few squares to decorate or let them create the cards for the things you will choose to do. There is really just so much that you can do with this.