I love the holidays – they are so much fun and with four kids and a lot of family it seems like we are always busy. With the holidays come many things, and so I like to be prepared for all of the different scenarios. I want to make sure everything goes off wit out a hitch, so I head to Walmart to get everything we need for our holiday preparation and entertaining needs. My go-to is always Cottonelle® Clean Care toilet paper, Kleenex® Perfect Fit tissues, Scott® 1100 toilet paper and Viva® paper towels because of their great quality and good prices. Another advantage of getting these products at Walmart is being able to use the Ibotta app to get some cash back. These brands will keep you covered this holiday season and you will have what you need to survive the holidays. 😉
Because we have survived many holiday gatherings, I wanted to share my tips and a holiday survival guide for you to reference:
- Create a list of guests that you will be expecting and then add at least 5-10 onto that. You never know who will show up unexpectedly or who will want to bring a friend. It is better to count on too many, then not enough.
- Make food assignments so that everyone is contributing to the meals and snacks
- Have plenty of activities for all ages – crafts, games, movies, etc to keep everyone entertained
- Make sure you have a good supply of Viva® Paper Towels for all of the messes that happen in the kitchen and around the house
- Put a good stock of toilet paper in each bathroom
- Make sure there are Kleenex® Perfect Fit Canisters in every room. These are great staple to have in every room for a variety of situations
- Be flexible with your plans and don’t have a strict schedule. It is good to plans things, but it is also fun to just be together and relax and have fun
- Use a lot of plastic wear and paper supplies to save yourself the time doing dishes
The holidays are great for getting together, but it can be stressful when there are a lot of people together. Clean up the tough messes and have a durable cloth-like paper towel like Viva® on hand so you can get on with the festivities. They are great for wet or dry use and they have the great Choose-A-Sheet option, so you always have the right size towel for the job. I like to get the Viva® Vantage® because of the revolutionary scrubby texture that helps making cleaning messes easier.
I found these new slim canisters at Walmart and fell in love! The Kleenex® Perfect Fit are the perfect mix of substance style. I keep one in my car, and in every room of our house. The slim design makes it easy to fit into any room and the cute patterns match the decor. They make tissues readily available so that my family and friends will have them on hand for any number of uses. You can also get the Kleenex® Holiday Oval that are great for the holidays. The oval shaped box adds extra sophistication to an home with their great holiday inspired prints and colors.
For toilet paper we turn to Cottonelle® Clean Care and Scott® 1100. Cottonelle® has the CleanRipple Texture. If you have seen the commercials you will know that it gets you clean enough to go Commando. With the strong absorbent ripples and strong but gentle paper – you will love how well it works. The Cottonelle® Ultra Comfor Care is also great and gives you ultra cushiony, ultra luxurious, ultra clean fresh feeling. The Scott® toilet paper has a lot of sheets and you get 100 free sheets per roll for even more long-lasting performance. This is great to put in the kids’ bathrooms because they have a tendencies to use more and the Scott will keep the roll there longer.
So head out to Walmart and get your holiday necessities and be sure to use the Ibotta app to get the following rebates:
- $1 off Cottonelle 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Scott 12-ct or larger
- $1 off Viva 6-ct or larger
- Buy two products and get an extra dollar back
I would love to hear your holiday survival tips and what your holiday necessities are.