These witch hat cookies will be a yummy snack and they are super easy to make! Have a fun holiday themed snack in a few minutes with the pre-made shortbread cookies and Hershey kisses, or you can make yummy homemade sugar cookies (and dye them black) and Hershey kisses for a different kind. Use a little orange frosting to make your ribbon and you are ready to go!
WITCH HAT COOKIES RECIPE
- 32 unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses
- 32 shortbread cookies (or 32 homemade sugar cookies)
- 1 tube of orange or red frosting
- Take the cookie and put a little bit of frosting in the middle.
- Take Kisses and put them in the middle of the bottom of the cookies, using the frosting as a “glue”,
- Outline the kiss with the colored frosting and make a bow.
If you want to make your own sugar cookies, here is a great recipe:
SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.