Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Ghosts
If you are having a Halloween party or a Birthday part in October, this Pumpkin Cheesecake might just be a great substitution to the traditional “birthday cake”. I know my daughter would love to have these at her party in a couple of weeks! It will be a little bit of work to make these, but totally worth it! YUM!
Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Ghosts Recipe:
- 20 crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8-inch-square pan with foil so that foil overhangs sides. Mist with cooking spray.
- Make crust:
- Process cookies in food processor until ground.
- Pulse in butter.
- Press evenly into pan.
- Bake until firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Make filling:
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in pumpkin, then eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in vanilla, flour, spice and salt until just combined.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Put pan on a large rimmed baking sheet; place in oven.
- Pour hot water into baking sheet until it’s nearly filled.
- Bake until cheesecake is set around edges but jiggles slightly in center, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from sheet; cool completely on rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Once cheesecake has cooled, cut into squares
- Pipe whipped cream onto bars in a circular motion.
- Use mini chocolate chips for eyes.