This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Visit Gulf County. All opinions are 100% mine.
Getting outdoors and being together as a family is one of my favorite things to do. You will often find us out camping, fishing and hiking, and when we can get away on bigger vacations we love to go and have fun on the beaches and oceans. One place that is our top destination for next spring is Florida. We can’t wait to go explore that area and visit all of the amazing places it has to offer. One of those places is Gulf County, FL. When you are there, you will be sure to find something to do you’ve never done before. Some examples of adventures we will find are venturing out to a different beach every day, kayaking through the Dead Lakes, waking up early to watch the Dolphin Parade, checking out St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, and we can even tent a charter boat and go “snuba” diving. Getting excited yet? You can ENTER TO WIN a $50 Gift Card to have an adventure of your own in your local town! (see below on how to enter) Enter the weekly contest for your readers to have a chance to win a $50 gift card to have an adventure of their own in their local town. There are 10 Lucky winners each week (ends 4/13).
Learn from the local Gulf County Adventure Guide as if you were going there for your next vacation and join us in conversation on Instagram at #GCFLnofilter. Good luck!
Thinking about Florida, most people picture Mickey Mouse, crazy vacations and be rushed from here to there. I don’t know about you, but with four kids, work, school, and a million other things, I don’t want to go on vacation and feel even more rushed, hurried and stressed arriving home and “needing a vacation from our vacation”. Get away from the city and the traffic. Relax and enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Florida the way it was meant to be enjoyed! Gulf County, Florida makes it easy to live in the moment! There are adventures around every corner. Snorkeling, horseback riding, hiking, camping, and even seawater safaris will give you adventures you never thought possible and will make you want to come back again and again.
Here are more details about some of the local adventures you can experience in Gulf County Florida:
- Kayak Through the Dead Lakes
- The Dead Lakes get their name from the Cypress and Tupelo trees that stand in the water. When the water is low, you can see the stumps rising out of the swamp. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before. People don’t know what you’re talking about and then they have an “aha” moment when they paddle around the shallows in the South Flats. The stumps are so concentrated; it’s like being on another planet. If you go out early in the morning in April, the birds are all coming into nest and other critters are just showing up. The fog comes off the water. It’s very still, where you feel like you’re in the wilderness.
- Wake up early to watch the Dolphin Parade
- A family happened to be up early one day and they saw a pod of dolphins playing and chasing a school of fish. They were so close to shore, they could see them from the deck that day. After that, they got up early so they could walk down and see them from the beach. They loved the “dolphin parade” and watched them swim by every day.
- Adventure out to a different beach every day
- Take your family out to a different beach every day and try out a new adventure. Whether it’s scalloping in the Bay, shelling at the tip of the Cape, or fishing by Indian Pass.
- Go out bike riding on an afternoon adventure by the coast. Be sure to watch for Eagles flying by!
- Horseback ride right along the beach and watch the sunset over the ocean
- Snorkeling, paddleboarding, watching the sunset, or even camping on the beach!
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Go for a hike and witness the local wildlife, such as deer, bobcats, squirrels, raccoons, Kingfishers, Great Horn Owl, and even otters!
- Rent a charter boat and go “snuba” diving
- Snuba allows you to dive with air but without the tank
- No special certification is needed
- Go on an Ecotour with Captain Charlene from About Fun Charters. Tour St. Joseph Bay at sunset and see birds, fish, sea life and the resident dolphin – Danny. Or is it Dolly? We’re not sure