I will admit it . . . after having four kids I deal with light bladder leakage sometime. Yes, it can be terribly inconvenient if I need to sneeze, laugh to hard or try to go for a jog – but I no longer have to worry about being embarrassed because Poise has a great new line of #LBL (Light Bladder Leakage) pads out that are discrete and perfect for women on the go. You can find them in the incontinence aisle and will wonder why you never used them before. Since I have these new Poise® thin-shaped pads, I no longer need to use my period pads for LBL and so I found another use for them…cleaning!
I took one of my period pads and folded it in half (putting the sticky sides together, and leaving the pad on the outsides. I then sprayed the cleaner directly onto the pad and used it to scrub my bathroom walls. I was amazed at how well it worked! Who would have thought that you could use something like a period pad and turn it into a nice little scrubbing pad for cleaning. They are meant to be absorbent and soft, so it worked great cleaning pretty much every surface. What will you do with your period pads now that you don’t need to use them for LBL?
The new Poise Thin-Shape pads are up to 40% thinner than original Poise brand pads and are made specifically for bladder leaks with the trusted absorbency of Poise brand. I hate having to deal with LBL, but I am so glad that there are pads made specifically for it. These new pads are designed to move with your body and provide extraordinary protection that’s still 3x drier than period pads so you can take care of your leaks with confidence. The Poise Thin-Shape pads feature Super Absorbent Material (SAM) and a Thin-Flex design – so you can be you again without worrying.
Here are a few facts about LBL that you might not now:
WHAT IS LBL?
- One in three women experience Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) – little leaks that can be triggered by everyday occurrences like coughing, sneezing, laughing and exercise.
- Weak pelvic floor muscles, pregnancy, childbirth and weight gain are just a few LBL contributors.
WHAT CAUSES LBL?
Just as no two women are alike, there’s no single reason that LBL happens. Some of the most common things that lead to uninvited leaks include:
- Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
- Being overweight
- Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease
- Bladder or urinary tract infections
- Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)
HOW CAN I BEST MANAGE MY LBL?
- If you are dealing with LBL then you will want to be able to manage it efficiently and discretely. Whether you leak a little when you laugh, or sometimes have a sudden urge to go, Poise gives you one less thing to worry about any time of day or night. Their pads and liners are specifically designed for LBL, which makes them an easy choice for the 1 in 3 women with light bladder leaks.
Ready to give it a try?