Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” the God of Thunder’s third installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, electrified both audiences and critics alike reaching over $845M at the global box office. Now the colorful cosmic adventure, loaded with action, humor, drama and spectacle, bursts into homes Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™, and Movies Anywhere, on Feb. 20 and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on March 6.
Comic Book Easter Eggs from Thor: Ragnarok Commentary Track with Taika Waititi
- The initial Hela costume is loosely based on the comic design and transitions into the iconic version when she returns to Asgard. Her weapons were based on Gorr the God Butcher’s weapons from the “God of Thunder” comic storyline.
- Sakaar’s design was taken from Jack Kirby’s artwork. Taika was a fan as a kid and incorporated many shapes and colors from classic comics.
- The obedience discs are power inhibitors lifted from the “Planet Hulk” comic storyline.
- The designs of many background characters in Sakaar were also lifted directly from Jack Kirby comics.
- Traditionally, the Grandmaster in the comics is blue-skinned, but they thought people might tie it back to Jeff Goldblum’s character from “Earth Girls Are Easy.”
- The characters of Korg and Miek are from the “Planet Hulk” comic storyline. Taika based Korg’s voice on the Polynesian bouncers in New Zealand, many of whom are extremely polite and don’t want to hurt anyone.
- The large wolf, Fenris, is a great ally of Hela’s in the comics.
- The mural on the back wall of The Grandmaster’s suite is actual Jack Kirby artwork.
- After years of fans asking for it, Thor finally got his helmet in the Sakaarian battle arena.
- Odin’s spear, Gungnir, appears in the background of the throne room on Asgard.
- Hulk’s Sakaarian wardrobe casual wear is lifted from various Hulk comics.
Learn more about the making of Thor: Ragnarok from director Taika Waititi on the film commentary track, now available on Digital HD and arriving on Blu-ray and 4K March 6th.
About Thor: Ragnarok:
In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his home world and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela (Cate Blanchett). But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) – and grapple with his silver-tongued adopted brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston), the fierce warrior Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) and the eccentric Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum).
Fans who bring home the Ultimate Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) of “Thor: Ragnarok” will experience all the thunderous action and lightning-fast wit in stunning 4K Ultra HD with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. Exclusive, never-before-seen bonus features include deleted scenes; hilarious outtakes; an exclusive short: part three of the mockumentary “Team Thor,” retitled “Team Darryl” and featuring an eccentric new roommate; the evolution of MCU’s heroes culminating in “Avengers: Infinity War;” numerous making-of featurettes which explore the unique vision of director Taika Waititi; the story’s unstoppable women; the effortlessly charismatic Korg; the tyrannical leader of Sakaar, the Grandmaster; and the film’s comic-book origins; audio commentary by Waititi; and more.
Like THOR: RAGNAROK on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Thor
Follow THOR: RAGNAROK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thorofficial
Follow Marvel on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios
Thor: Ragnarok is available now on digital and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on March 6.