I recently was able to attend a #ChexPartyMix with several friends, hang out in a giant bowl of Chex cereal, and learn how to make some very tasty Chex Party Mix recipes. It was so much fun. Since then, I have came home and infiltrated my kitchen with Chex mix and other ingredients so that we can make the recipes that I fell in love with at the party!
They only take 15 minutes to make and taste so great. You will be surprised at how easy they are, and how much they make! I think the Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix was my favorite. Look how awesome this looks all packaged up to giveaway for gifts, or even for favors at your parties.
The recipe is super easy to make and tastes SOOOO GOOOD:
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted; stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth; stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling; stir in cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Stir in coconut and marshmallows. Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
We made little gift boxes filled with our favorite Chex Party Mix! It was so fun. There are so many ways to package it and decorate it. It really is a great gift for any occasion, but for parties and holidays Chex Party Mix is always at the top of my list. Everyone loves it and it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Here is another recipe that I loved that I hadn’t tried before.
- 6 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup vanilla milk chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- Measure cereal in large microwaveable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on High 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top; sprinkle with edible glitter or colored candies.
Try these out for your Holiday parties. They are so easy to make (like 15 minutes or less) and you will hands down have the best snack at the party! Try them out and be sure to share the pictures with us by using the hashtag #ChexPartyMix
Try out these yummy recipes and more than 150 other Chex Party Mix recipes at http://www.chexpartymix.com/recipes/