We received press passes in order to view the show and share our experience. All opinions are our own.
Last week I had the amazing opportunity to take three of my kids to watch the Cavalia Odysseo show that is playing in Sandy, Utah right now (by The Shops at South Town). My daughter’s birthday is next week and so I couldn’t wait to surprise her with the tickets to this show! I took my 11, 8, and 6 year old kids and the show kept them on the edges of their seats. The show travels and so you never know where it will end up and the next closest show to us is in California! If you have the chance, you need to take your family and invite your friends to go see the Cavalia Odysseo show. We were able to experience the VIP package, and it was something that my kids will never forget!
We were spoiled with our treatment at the show. We arrived early (around 5:30) because we were VIP. When we got there, they had an amazing dinner spread that was all we could eat and a drink bar with all you can drink. They also had bags of popcorn that you could snack on and take with you into the show. The “VIP Lounge” was nice and cool and there were lots of tables and chairs as well as couches and other comfortable seating to relax before the show started. We went in about 20 minutes before the show started and found out that we were on the second row right in the center! The seats were amazing!
From beginning to end the show entranced us and kept us entertained. The horses are well trained and worked well together and the riders did an amazing job with the stunts and other aspects o the show. I loved the sets and the music. There was a live band and many of the songs were sung by a man or woman on the stage. The guys that did the tumbling and acrobatics were not only fun to watch, but fun to look at lol. The Cavalia Odysseo show is one that everyone needs to see. It is simply enchanting.
Here is a short video of some of the show that we shared on our Facebook page:
Odysseo: Larger Than Life
The horse has marked human history and progress more than any other animal. Horses have taken us to the ends of the earth, enabled us to build bridges between cultures and expand civilization. It is the beauty and harmony of this ancient relationship, this meeting of two worlds – those of horse and man – that inspired the creators of Odysseo. As friends, partners and inseparable performers on stage, 65 horses and 45 artists lead the viewer on a great journey in yet another world – a world of dreams – where, together, they discover some of the planet’s most unforgettable landscapes. Odysseo marries the equestrian arts, stage arts and high-tech theatrical effects at never-before-seen levels. A veritable revolution in live performance, Odysseo comprises a list of superlatives: the world’s largest touring production and traveling big top, the biggest stage, the most beautiful visual effects, and the greatest number of horses at liberty.
Scenography and Visual effects
To give life to this extraordinary equestrian adventure, a 17,500 square feet stage was created in the middle of which rise a three-story tall hill. Some 10,000 tons of rock, earth and sand are trucked in and then sculpted to create the vast space of freedom where humans and horses come to play in complicity. Above the stage hangs an imposing technical grid capable of supporting 80 tons of equipment including, a full-sized merry-go-round, far beyond anything attempted to date on any touring show and comparable to the best-equipped theaters of Las Vegas, London or New York.
FACTS ABOUT ODYSSEO
- Odysseo features 65 horses of 11 different breeds including the Arabian, Holsteiner, Lipizzan, Lusitano, Mustang, Paint Horse, Portuguese Cross, Quarter Horse, Selle Français, Spanish Purebred (P.R.E.) and Warmblood.
- The horses are from Spain, Portugal, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Australia, The United States and Canada.
- There are 48 artists – riders, acrobats, aerialists, dancers and musicians.
- The artists are from around the world including the United States, Canada, Brazil, France, Guinea (Africa), Russia, Spain, Ukraine, Japan, and Italy.
- There are 350 costumes and 100 pairs of shoes and boots in the show. Artists may have up to seven different costumes.
- An artist may have no more than 30 seconds to do a quick costume change between numbers.
- A team of 13 dressmakers, one property master, one designer and one shoemaker worked in the Odysseo studios to create the costumes.
- Materials used in the costumes include linen, silk, cotton, leather and some imitation fur. The use of natural fibers gives the clothes sheen and lets them fall in a way that synthetic fibers simply cannot match.
- The costumes are adapted to the artists’ needs, especially those of the acrobats and riders, to facilitate their onstage movement while not compromising their appearance.
- The on-tour costume department consists of one wardrobe person and three dressers who launders, mends and cares for the costumes. At times during the show, they juggle 15 simultaneous wardrobe changes. They have two sewing machines, one shoe-repair machine and one overlock machine.
Through June 6, 2016 you can experience this spectacular show with your family and friends! Visit www.Cavalia.net for more information about show times and ticket prices. Be sure to use the promo code SOCIALUT at atwww.cavalia.net/live/ut (Valid on all evening shows for Gold and above ticket categories).
Learn more about Cavalia Odysseo at:
WEBSITE | http://www.cavalia.net
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/cavalia
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/Cavalia
INSTAGRAM | https://www.instagram.com/cavalia