This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid®.
With four kids and working from home full time, the word mom = busy. I feel like I am always running, trying to play catch up on housework, running kids to sports, music, school, etc, working, being a mom, wife, friend and everything else in between. I know that many of you feel the same way so I want to share with you 7 tips to help your day stay organized so you don’t feel so overwhelmed. I have been there. I go there often when I don’t keep to my system. I would also love to hear how you help your day stay organized in the comments.
Here are 7 tips to stay organized:
- Get a planner, notebook or calendar and write everything down in this order: HAVE to do, NEED to do, WANT to do. Let me explain the difference…HAVE is something that can’t be missed (music lessons, paying bills, school program, work, dishes, watering plants etc); NEED is something that needs to be done, but can be put off a day or two if necessary (load of laundry, deep cleaning kitchen, going to the library or store, etc); WANT to do is something that you want to do if you have free time (reading, bike ride, family movie night). All of these are important but need to be prioritized.
- Plan your meals out for two weeks. I just do breakfast and dinner. Then I make a grocery shopping list based off of that meal plan and stick to that when I go to the grocery store.
- Prep your meals ahead of time. After grocery shopping, I take and do some meal prep to help with upcoming meals. This saves me so much time and my kids love it as well because they get to help in the kitchen. I use Rubbermaid BRILLANCE to store the food in because it stays fresh and fits easily into my fridge.
- Get your family involved. Don’t be afraid to delegate things like chores, meal prep and anything else you need help with. It is giving your kids a chance learn new things and teaches them to help.
- Know your limits. Don’t try to fit too much into your day. It is good to stay busy, but overwhelm yourself. Planning ahead and knowing your schedule will help you feel more in control.
- Collaborate with others. If you are getting worn out running your kids back and forth to practice, see if there is another parent on the kids’ team that they can carpool with, and switch off driving each week.
- Find a balance. Don’t get so caught up in the everyday things that you forget to take a step back and just enjoy life. And don’t get so caught up enjoying life that you forget to take care of the important things. Find your balance and things will run more smoothly.
As I mentioned above, I love to prep my meals ahead of time because it saves me so much time when life is crazy and busy. My favorite storage container system is Rubbermaid Brilliance. There are many things I love about the set like the fact that it is 100% leak-proof guaranteed. After using it for the last couple of weeks, I have been thoroughly impressed with how it doesn’t leak, as well as how much longer the food lasts. The containers are made of stain resistant material and are crystal clear, so you know what is inside without having to take off lids or play the guessing game. They also stack well so that you don’t have to play “Tetris” just to get things to fit in your fridge.
We are excited to also offer a giveaway. One lucky reader will win their own Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE 10-piece set! This is open to US. Must be 18 or older. Sweepstakes will run from 6/1/17 through 6/9/17. This contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google or any other social media. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. The winner will be contacted via email. The winner is responsible for contacting me within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen. Prize is provided by SheSpeaks. Lovebugs & Postcards and Daddy by Day are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Good Luck!