This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Service is an important part of my life. I was raised being taught to serve others whenever I could, and my husband and I have continued that with our kids. We are always looking for ways to serve others from small acts of kindness to bigger sacrifices of our time and means. We recently went through our house and gathered some boxes of things to donate. We packed the boxes into the car and drove to the donation point. My 5-year-old had so much fun helping us give the boxes to the man who was taking the donations. She was excited to share with others. I love that all of my kids have this type of spirit.
There are so many ways to serve others, and we should take every opportunity we can, regardless of race, religion or other differences. A simple way to do this is to download and use the free Donate a Photo app from Johnson & Johnson. For every photo that is shared, Johnson & Johnson donates $1 to one of its trusted non-profit partners, chosen by the user. I just installed the app and donated a photo to help military families. It was fun and simple and took me less than a minute. This is something everyone with a phone or device can do. You can also help support Save the Children, a longstanding global partner. You can also help by purchasing a gift from the Save the Children “Gifts of Joy” holiday catalogue, and Johnson & Johnson will match each donation.
Here are 20 ways to serve others every day:
- Call or visit someone who is lonely
- Help your neighbor with yard work (shoveling the sidewalk, raking leaves, pulling weeds, etc)
- Offer to watch a friend’s kids so she/he can have a night out
- Open doors for, Use kind words and smile at others
- Make treats and take them to friends and family
- Go through your house and collect items to donate
- Make gifts for the children’s hospital and donate them
- Kids or spouses can help with housework without being asked
- Volunteer at your kids’ school
- Write an encouraging note and give it to a friend
- Donate a photo through the Johnson & Johnson Donate a Photo app
- Read books to kids at orphanages, hospitals, daycares, etc.
- Donate blood
- Collect and donate food
- Make care packages for the women’s shelter
- Spend time with your kids and get involved in their lives
- Volunteer to coach/ref youth sports teams
- Make dinner for a family and take it to them
- Volunteer at your church
- Monetary donations to charities and organizations
I would love to hear how you choose to serve others and ways you look to make other people’s lives better.
Keep looking for ways to serve others. When you are looking for it, you will really see how much opportunity there is to pay it forward and give back. It tends to come full circle and good things will come your way too. Remember to use the Donate a Photo app. Since it’s launch in 2013, 1.75 million photos have been donated and 179,750 people have contributed. You can download it in the PLAY store or the APPLE store.
Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal, or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.