20 Christmas Eve Traditions
Christmas Eve is great time to bond and grow closer as family and friends. We do several things on Christmas Eve each year but I wanted to add something new. So I am going to share what we do, other ideas we have found, and things that look fun to try next year. Hopefully you can pick some new things out to try and I would love to hear what you do now.
- Christmas Eve Pajamas
- Deliver Christmas Gifts to Others
- Make a Christmas morning casserole
- Travel to visit friends and families
- Read a Christmas story with your kids
- Sing Christmas songs
- Religious worship
- Read the Story of the Birth of Jesus in the Bible
- Christmas Eve Dinner
- Make Cookies for Santa
- Watch a Christmas movie (two of my favorites are White Christmas and the cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
- Magic Key for Santa (if you don’t have a fireplace)
- Reindeer dust for the Reindeer to find your house (mix oatmeal and glitter together and sprinkle in your yard)
- Go caroling
- Drive around and look at the Christmas lights around town
- Have hot chocolate and cookies
- Sibling slumber party (its easier to make sure they are not peeking if they are all in the same place)
- Watch a Christmas morning video. If you record your Christmas mornings, this is a great time to watch one from years past and laugh about how cute everyone was.
- Do a Christmas Craft
- Go Sledding, ice skating, or just play in the snow
I would love to hear what your Christmas Eve traditions are. There are so many fun things to do and every family has different ones. Its also fun to add new things into your Holiday fun! Have a Merry Christmas!