This post has been sponsored by Store Brand Formula. All thoughts and reviews are my own. Being a mom means you are up early, to bed late and doing a hundred different things every day to help your kids, house, spouse, pets, friends, family and everything and everyone else. It can all be overwhelming and wear you out quickly if you don’t moderate yourself and take time to step back for a minute. You might feel like you can’t fit in a simple break, but I am going to share 10 life-hacks for busy moms that will guarantee you will be able to take at least a 5-minute break 😉
- Here is a simple one – CLEANING PLASTIC TOYS. Watch the video above to see how easy this is and will save you the time of cleaning them individually. This is great to do after your littles go to sleep so they are nice and clean the next day!
- One this that has helped us a ton is a FAMILY CALENDAR. We have a whiteboard calendar on the wall that we update regularly so everyone knows what is going on and when – no more last minute trips to the store for a project or being late to an engagement.
- Another huge time saver is having a MEAL PLAN. We plan our meals out two weeks at a time, and make sure we have the ingredients on hand. If you have older kids they can even help with the prepping and cooking so you can focus on other things (like taking a nap 😉 ).
- LAUNDRY is always an issue when you have kids – and a big family. I always do one load every day, and it helps keep the madness under control. It also helps when you need a specific piece of clothing – so it’s not at the bottom of the hamper on the night of the game or performance.
- SHOP ALL YEAR LONG for Birthday and Christmas gifts. Don’t wait until the last minute to do your gift shopping. Keep your eyes open for great deals and buy them and keep them until the birthday or holiday. You can even wrap them and keep them in a box – so they are ready to put under the tree!
- A big chunk of my time every week is spent at the grocery store. I have been able to minimize this to less than 30 minutes by USING GROCERY PICK-UP. I just go online (do Walmart, Kroger stores, etc) and order your groceries online then pick them up. It is so simple and you can still use coupons, etc. It also helps with NOT making unnecessary purchases.
- Doing a 5-MINUTE CLEAN UP helps keep the house looking great. Just go through the house a few times a day and do a 5-minute clean up. Have the kids help, make it a challenge. They will love it. If you are doing this every day, it not only builds good habits of putting things away and keeping things clean, but you don’t have to spend a whole Saturday cleaning the house.
- DELEGATE responsibilities to your family members. Make a chore chart, have them help with yard work, laundry, meals, and all of the other things. Not only does it teach them how to do it, but you are relieving some stress from your shoulders.
- If you have kids in extracurricular activities, then find other kids who live close at set up a CARPOOL. This will limit the amount of driving you are doing and makes it easier for the other parents too.
- If you have babies, you can PREPARE STORE FORMULA and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. You can also use an ice pack to keep it cold if traveling. For older kids, keep a stash of healthy treats and some water on hand in the car. This helps you satisfy the almost guaranteed “I’m hungry” or “I’m thirsty” you will hear the minute the car leaves the driveway without stopping.
Here is more information on preparing store formula ahead of time. This is a huge timesaver, especially when you are always on-the-go. I mostly formula feed all of my kids. I really loved the convenience of it and my husband and other kids also enjoyed being able to help feed the baby. You can download a free e-book on formula feeding from storebrandformula.com. This is a great resource for new and expecting parents.
I hope that these tips will help you save some time every day so you can relax a little and have time to do something on your own list – like read, take a nap, watch a movie ;). Be sure to check out https://www.storebrandformula.com to learn more about formula feeding and you can even enter to win a $75 gift card.
We are excited to be offering a $25 Gift Card Giveaway. You can use it to buy store formula or anything else you need. One winner will receive a virtual gift card that can only be used for online purchases. This is open to the US. Must be 18 or older. Sweepstakes will run from 12/4/18 through 12/13/18.
Enter on the Rafflecoptor below. If on a mobile device, click on the box below to go to the entry page.
This contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google or any other social media. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. The winner will be contacted via email. The winner is responsible for contacting me within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen. The prize is provided by StorebrandFormula.com. Lovebugs & Postcards and Daddy by Day are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Good Luck!