With the new year upon us, I am trying to make healthier eating choices, so with that, I have been working on new recipes with the foods I love so I can have a happy compromise. This week, the new recipe that I made was Veggie Stuffed Chicken. They are so good – and good for you. Made with cauliflower rice, diced broccoli, peppers, and onions as well as a little bit of cheese, you will have a delicious gourmet dinner with little prep.
Veggie Stuffed Chicken Recipe:
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 cup of Peppers (diced)
- 1/4 cup of Sweet onion (diced)
- 1 can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes
- 1 cup of Cheese
- Seasonings (I used Mrs. Dash)
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree
- Take the raw cauliflower rice, diced broccoli, diced peppers and Ro-Tel and mix them together.
- Take the chicken breast and wash them, then using a santoku knife or butcher knife, cut a slit and hole in the chicken to create an opening. Be careful at the thinner end, not to go through the outside of the chicken.
- With a “pocket” in the chicken, take the cheese stuff some inside the chicken, trying to create a “bed” for the veggies
- Now stuff the rest of the chicken with the veggie mix and place into a greased glass baking dish
- Stuff the remaining chicken and place in the dish
- You can use a toothpick in the open end to hold them together (just push straight through)
- Take the melted butter and baste the chicken breasts then sprinkle to taste with desired seasonings
- Take and sprinkle some of the cheese on top of the chicken breasts
- Put the remaining veggie mixture around the chicken in the dish
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for 50-60 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days
These are simple to put together and makes a healthy delicious dinner with little prep work. You can also prep these ahead of time and freeze, then cook from frozen. You can store these two ways, in a baggie, or in an aluminum pan. Extend cooking time by 15-30 minutes (depending on oven).