I have four kids, but two of them are still small and learning – one four year old and the other almost 6. My son (the 6 year old) started Kindergarten this year and is learning his letters, words and sounds. My daughter is pre-K and we are doing home-school pre-school for her, and the LeapFrog Word Whammer is exactly the kind of learning toy we like to have in our home because it entertains her, but also teachers her a lot in the process. I can always count on LeapFrog to have educational toys that my kids love and use all the time. My son who is in Kindergarten loves this as well because it has different levels he can play it and be challenged as well!
Here is a video of our son playing with the LeapFrog Word Whammer for the first time:
Here are some details about how it works:
- Bump up letter skills
- Match upper- and lowercase letters. Turn the handle to move the bumper car, then push to bump it into the correct letter.
- Twist for letter sounds
- Quickly twist the handle to spin the teacup into the correct answer.
- Blast to build words
- Twist the handle up and down, then thrust it to blast the rocket into letters to make (or spell) more than 100 words.
- 5 learning levels
- The learning adapts automatically from identifying letters to spelling words for just the right challenge every time.
- Kindergarten prep with a twist
- Spin, tap and twist to learn letters and build 100+ words! With 3 action-packed games and 5 learning levels that adapt as children play, Word Whammer helps prepare kids for kindergarten in a fun and active way.
Overall we really love the LeapFrog Word Whammer and I think that it is a great asset to our kids. It teaches them while keeping them engaged and having fun and this is important to me. It is also interactive and requires them to move around and really participate. This is a great toy at an affordable price that your kids will love. It is perfect for Christmas and Birthdays!
We also were able to test out the new LeapPad Platinum & LeapFrog Imagicards. You can read the review here.
I am a LeapFrog Mom Ambassador and we received these products in order to tell you about them. This did not affect our opinions and they are 100% our own.