What you will need:
I like using a HOT wash cloth (ran under hot water and wrung out) , as hot as you can stand it, and putting it up to the eyebrow for 20-30 seconds before I start. This helps open the pores and makes tweezing a little less painful. It is also important to use a good pair of tweezers. This will make a big difference.
HOW TO TWEEZE YOUR EYEBROWS:
- Disinfect your tweezers with an alcohol wipe before use, and several times during use.
- Scrub your skin with an exfoliant or wash cloth
- Hold HOT wash cloth to your skin for about 20-30 seconds to open up the pores of your skin
- (optional) apply pain numbing gel like anbesol or orajel to help numb the area
- brush eyebrows up and out so they are in their natural position (you can use an eyebrow brush or a clean toothbrush, or your fingers)
- Make sure you have good lighting (natural lighting is the best, by an open window or door)
- Get a hand mirror and your tweezers (they need to have a slanted edge. Two good ones are: Tweezerman and Revlon )
- Find your “arch” and start there (you can use a long brush or pencil and hold it to the edge of the iris (colored part of your eye). Where it meets the top is where your arch should be. (see the picture to the right)
- Tweeze the hair in the direction they grown (so for your right eyebrow you will pull the hair out towards the right)
- Try and tweeze only one hair at a time (otherwise you may create bald patches)
- Do the bottom of the eyebrow then the top. You will want the top and bottom to be smooth and even.
- The width of your brows should be equal to or a little wider that your eyes. Take the pencil or brush and hold it to the side of your nose, where it meets your brow is where your brow begins. Tweeze the hairs between your eyes.
- After every few hairs, check your whole face in the mirror to make sure it is looking good. (and even if you have already done one side).
- After you are done you can apply an aloe vera gel, Cucumber Eye Gel or even a cucumber slice to your eye brows to help the redness go away. You can apply lotion, make up, etc right away.
- You will want to do it about every two weeks to keep strays at bay and keep the shape.