We are trying to eat healthier – lol – so instead of red meat all of the time I am trying to get some fish and chicken and pork in our diet. This was a good compromise for my husband. He loves Salmon, and decided to make this yummy sandwich with the onions and mushrooms that I sauteed for our Coconut Crusted Chicken (recipe coming soon). We hope you enjoy!
Salmon Mushroom smothered Bagel Supreme
- 8 oz Boneless salmon fillet
- Salmon flavored cream cheese spread
- 1 Bagel (preferably a salty bagel like a poppyseed or a seasoned bagel)
- ½ cup of sliced (not diced) onions
- ½ cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- Saute’ the onions and mushrooms in the butter in medium size pan over low-medium heat. I let mine cook for about 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally to keep them cooking evenly.
- Cook the Salmon fillet in a “George Foreman” type grill or in the same pan that the mushrooms and onion were cooked in. As it cooks baste the top of the fillet with butter. Add a pinch of lemon pepper and salt or pepper to taste.
- Once the Salmon is cooked through, test the temperature to make sure it is done.
- Take the bagel and cut it in half. Toast both halves in a regular toaster.
- Place the bagel on a plate. Baste both halves with the salmon flavored cream cheese spread.
- Place the fully cooked salmon fillet on the bagel.
- Spoon the onions and mushrooms over the top of the fillet.
- Add the lettuce.
- Place the top of the bagel on the top of the lettuce and ENJOY!
I would love to hear about your favorite Salmon recipes. If you have a favorite leave a link so I can check it out. 🙂