With three kids in school full day now, I have to be prepared when they get home from school. They are always hungry and so I like to make sure I have a delicious snack waiting for them. We all love Tuna and so I made some fun easy after school snacks made with tuna for them to enjoy. We made mini tuna and cheese sandwiches, crackers with cheese and tuna, and tuna shish kabobs. They loved all of it and even liked helping making some of it (when they weren’t swiping parts of them to eat while we made them lol). We love buying Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna. When you open the can, you can immediately see the difference. The big chunks of tuna make it easy to make our snacks and the color and fresh taste are their favorite.
To make these easy after school snacks you will need:
- 1 large can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- chunks of cheese
- slices of cheese
- 1-2 croissant rolls
- 4 slices of bread
- Skewer sticks
- Cookie cutter
To make the tuna shish kabobs, you are going to:
- Take the croissant rolls and break them into small pieces (about 2″ x 2″).
- Wash the grapes and have several pulled from the vine in the bowl.
- Cut chunks of cheese.
- Open and drain the can of Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna.
- Take the skewer stick and start with a chunk of cheese, then add a piece of the croissant, then a chunk of the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, then finish with a grape.
These are simple to make and my kids loved the way they were setup.
We also made small finger sandwiches using a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. To make these you will need to:
- Mix some of the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna with the mayo
- Spread a thin layer on a slice of bread
- Then add a thin slice of cheese
- Add the other slice of bread to the top to make your sandwich
- Take the cookie cutter and cut out pieces of the bread to make your mini sandwiches
These are fun for them to help make, they loved cutting out their sandwiches like we do cookies.
For the crackers, tuna and cheese you will just take some of the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, mix it with a little bit of may and stir lightly. They like the chunks in the tuna, so I don’t stir it a lot. I cut thin small slices of cheese to go on the crackers, then I add a spoonful of the tuna mixture, then a slice of grape on top. They are really yummy! This is one of their favorites and so easy to make. These snacks are satisfying and I like that they are high in protein. Try one of the many mouth-watering recipes from Bumble Bee® and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
My kids love snacks, and these are some of their favorites. They are easy to make and cleanup is a breeze so I can so them whenever they want them without any extra stress. And I enjoy sneaking a few too. 😉 What are your kids’ favorite after school snacks? Get recipe ideas for Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna. Try it with your next snack or meal and see the difference!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.