We LOVE bacon! lol. really…I think we can use it almost anything we make. Of course – we don’t have it more than a few times a month because its just not healthy 😉 BUT when we do have it I like to make it right! This last time I made it I decided to try baking it with brown sugar – to make it a candied bacon recipe. I think it turned out SOOO good! I will make it this way more often.
Candied Bacon Recipe
- Bacon – as much or little as you want (I will say 1 package or about 12-16 oz)
- Brown Sugar (about 1/3 – 1/2 cup for every 12-16 oz you cook)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread Thawed Bacon out so that they are all in one layer on the cookie sheet
- Put into oven (cook at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes. This will give you a little grease that will help the brown sugar stick and dissolve better)
- Take the cookie sheet out at sprinkle brown sugar over bacon (make sure you cover more of the bacon then you do the liner of the cookie sheet, you want it to actually be on the bacon)
- Put back into oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes
- Take cookie sheet out and, using tongs, flip bacon over so that the other side can cook. You may choose to sprinkle a little more brown sugar onto this side.
- Put back into oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until done. (Just check in it until it is done to taste. I like my bacon a little more crunchy so I cook mine a little longer).
- Take out and put onto plate (lined with paper towel to catch the grease) and serve hot.
This tastes amazing on B.L.T. sandwiches (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato). If you try this I would love to know what you think!