This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of SnowCast. All opinions are 100% mine.
We love traveling, but it can be hard in the winter months – especially in Utah – because we tend to get a lot of snow. In the past we have used a few websites to check for weather but they haven’t always been accurate and so we have ended up in a really bad snow storm while trying to travel somewhere and it was not fun. After our last experience we decided we need to do something different so we looked around and found the SnowCast app for iOS and it has been very accurate. You can Download the app for your iOS device. Now we know what the weather is really going to be – we used it for a while tracking the weather here at our house to see how it would stack up and I can honestly tell you that it works great. You won’t be surprised by winter weather again.
5 tips for safe winter travel:
- Always plan ahead – know where you are going, what the weather is going to be like and make sure you keep checking up until you leave. The SnowCast app is a great resource for me because I can just check right on my phone while I am getting other things done. (Download the app)
- Drive a vehicle with good tires and 4WD. If you know you will be traveling in inclement weather, 4WD and good tires will make all the difference.
- Take a car emergency kit with you. Make sure you have food, water, blankets, a change of clothes, TP, and other essentials in case you have to stop and wait out a storm. Especially if you have kids in the car.
- Know the route you are traveling and make alternative plans in case they are needed. If you need to stop before planned or other issues arise, then you will be prepared.
- Drive safely. Pay attention to road conditions and don’t drive too fast. Also make sure that if you have to drive in inclement weather that you are patient and alert.