I can’t believe that it is almost time to go back to school. I mean for my kids to go back to school ;). This summer has just flown by and it has been so much fun. I will have three kids in school this year – I am beyond words. I don’t know where the time has gone. While in the past we have done a mix of school and home lunch, my kids have complained about the school lunches (and having been a witness I don’t blame them), so we are going to be doing home lunches this year. They are VERY excited, me – I am getting there. 15 minutes less sleep in the morning – lol – but it will be worth it for them to have a healthy lunch that they want to eat.
There are some essentials that have to go in our lunch boxes everyday – and if you are new to the game or have been sending lunches for a while these may or may not be new to you. I am always needing meals that are quick and easy to prepare, but I want to do thing are fun and different for them. I also like to make sure that I am getting the best deals on the food/products that I buy for their lunches, since we have a I would also love your feedback and your lunchbox essentials. Here are the 5 essentials for your kids lunchbox:
- Good food and snacks that will give them energy and keep them focused. We love adding snacks like Pepperidge Farm® Goldfish Crackers, string cheese, fresh fruit and veggies all served in single serving portions.
- Sanitizing wipes like Wet Ones® Singles that they can use to clean their hands and kill germs before they eat
- Juice drink or water to keep them hydrated and energized
- A cute note from their parents, siblings, grandparents, etc to encourage them and let them know you are thinking about them.
- A baggie. This is great for them to put food that they don’t finish into, like an open package of crackers – so they don’t make a mess of their lunchbox.
Back to school shopping is always crazy, but at least I know a few things are certain like their favorite snack crackers (Pepperidge Farm Goldfish) and that I won’t have to worry about them having germs because they have their Wet Ones wipes to use. They are great for not only cleaning their hands, but also keeping in their desk to wipe it down, and clean up while at school. Make sure to add them to your shopping list.
Here are a few really cute and creative lunchbox ideas that your kids (and you) will love!
Make their sandwich into a Butterfly Sandwich by cutting the bread into a cool shape. You can also use cookie cutters for this.
Cucumbers chunked mixed with bacon bits and salad dressing and put in container.
Dice Celery and mix with Peanut Butter and raisins for a yummy treat that will give them energy and nutrients.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® + Pepperidge Farm® . The opinions and text are all mine.