This post was sponsored by Nature Valley as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I am sharing 10 ways to encourage your kids to be great.
As many of you know, I have four kids. I love them all and want the best for them. My version of “best” and their may not always line up, but I try to be realistic with my goals, and I want them to be happy and healthy so we talk a lot about what they want to be and what they want to do and I try my hardest to make those dreams come true. If you have kids you understand the struggle it can be with raising emotional and independent children. We don’t always see eye to eye, but we often are able to work things out and understand what it is the other wants and make compromises. That is the way a good relationship works and I want good relationships with all of my kids. I want them know I love them and that I am there for them. I like to show them how great they are – and that I want them to be great.
Today I want to share with you 10 ways to encourage your kids to be great.
- Make goals and help yoru kids reach them
- Set boundaries and rules (curfew, bedtime, screen time, etc) so they get into a routine and know your expectations
- Always be encouraging and positive
- Listen to them when they are talking to you
- Give them notes and treats so they know you are thinking about them
- Support them in everything big and small (be their #1 fan)
- Talk to their teachers and coaches about your child’s desires so they can help them be better too
- Find programs for your child to participate in (sports, music, cooking, academics, etc) so they can connect with other kids with similar interests and become better and what they love
- Spend time with them doing many different things
- Let them connect with children their own age with similar interests so they learn communication skill
These are just a few of the things you can do to encourage your kids to be great.
Being a parent is hard, but it is well worth the journey. I love my kids and we have so much fun together. Watch the #BeGreatOutThere video and see the power of letting someone know that you are with them. Emotional support is one of the greatest things we can give to another person. I give my kids Nature Valley® Bars so they will have the physical energy to crush their challenges, and I love leaving notes with the bars so they have the emotional support they need. Thanks to General Mills Nature Valley® you can go on to Facebook, and send a message to anyone letting them know you are thinking about them. Make a difference in someones life.
Be sure to print out a Nature Valley coupon so you can save on your next Nature Valley purchase.
You can also connect with Nature Valley on:
Nature Valley Website:http://www.naturevalley.com
Nature Valley Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/naturevalley
Nature Valley Twitter: https://twitter.com/naturevalley
Nature Valley Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nature_valley/
What are some ways you encourage your kids to be great?